Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Monday and Tuesday all rolled into one

Have I told you about our sweet little guy CJ lately? He is such a doll! He's growing so fast and really beginning to show us his little personality. He coos and goos and smiles and giggles. I love when he goos back whenever his mama calls him a good boy. It's like he's agreeing...gooo gooo. :-)
 
My plans for this last week of summer with the grandkids is taking shape one minute at a time. Somehow I need to get with Casey for her to do a patio block. I was wanting to do them with some of the kids tomorrow but I don't see that in the plans. Thursday is out because it's supposed to rain. Hmmm. Got to workit in. Kennedy's last day here is Friday. Casey goes back to Florida on Monday. Wow. Time has flown!
 
I'm anxious to bake with Kennedy and hopefully Morgan tomorrow. The plan is for Morgan to spend the night as far as I know but I haven't talked to her Nan and Pap to see if it's okay with them. Don't know if Corry did or not. Kennedy will call her tomorrow and see what's up. My plan is to make chocolate yummy cake with them. It's what I'd like and Kennedy too. She said she was hoping for chocolate for her birthday this year.
 
We got all the reservations handled for the shows we're going to on our trip. We're doing Dixie Stampede, Comedy Barn, Hatfield and McCoy's and the Murder Mystery Theater. We'll also be doing Dollywood for two days but those tickets will be purchased there. That's where we get the best discount. I can't wait!! I LOVE SHOWS!!
 
Our cabin is paid for too. First and last payments have gone through. We'll get the directions and key code by next Wednesday. I'm excited. A jacuzzi AND a hot tub! A porch with two wood rockers AND a porch swing to look out over the mountain. A fireplace if it gets chilly. Sounds like heaven.
 
There are a few other places to see/do while we're in the Gatlinburg area. I've got Cooters on my list. I want to take a picture by the General Lee. And it'll be fun to check out the Dukes of Hazzard Museum. Fanny Farkles looks like a fun lunch stop. Not so much the amusement stuff but foot long corn dogs are right up our alley. I'd like to ride the sky lift if I'm not too fat and the space needle too. Might even eat up top at the Flying Saucer Italian Bistro. Their menu looks like they have reasonable normal foods like wings and pizza and calzones.
 
We do want to check out some of the local cuisine too and I'm thinking a trip to the Ole Smoky Moonshine Distillery would be fun. We don't drink, but it'd be fun to check the place out and bring home some little treats for those in the family who do.
 
One of the places on my DO DO DO list is the Incredible Christmas Place. I love all things Christmas. It's really a must. And we try to add an ornament to our tree each time we make a special trip that reminds us of the trip. I'm sure they'll have something very special there.
 
~~~~~
 
Our first stop yesterday was to the AAA office to order a trip tik for our vacation. We don't need the maps really, though they're good to have. What I really wanted was the books. I like to follow along in the trip tik and books as we're traveling reading what all there is to say about all the areas we pass through. A little education never hurts. I got in that habit when the kids were little trying to keep them always learning. Ya. I was kind of a bore as a mom probably. We also went on back road adventures following the trails of the historical signs. Aren't you glad you weren't our kid? lol
 
We got lunch yesterday at Bellacino's. Love their grinders. We got the Italian grinder and a small pizza to split. It was enough to be
both lunch and supper. Plus we texted grinder to 639227 and got a free quarter grinder for Papa's lunchbox.
 
We went in to check and see if we could schedule my van to have an oil change and check on a couple other minor little problems. They scheduled us for today.
 
While we were in that area, I made a trip into Hobby Lobby. There just aren't many places around these days to buy fabric. They had the fleece I was needing 30% off plus I found two hunks of it on their clearance shelves. I also got some marked down yarn and some ribbon to make special bows for 50% off. I love sales!
 
We went from that area over to Papa's podiatrist appointment. Not
good news. He has been having a lot of pain in the foot he had surgery on after crushing his heel. Turns out the screw has begun to push its way through the bone and is very close to popping through the skin. They are scheduling him for surgery after we're back from our trip. Good thing we found him an electric cart too! He wouldn't have been able to walk.
 
When we got done at the doctor, we made a trip to the Apria office. This change in medical coverage has really become a huge pain! They can't seem to get it all straight. Apria was the medical supply company the old insurance used too BUT ... They have to have new orders from the new doctors. sigh Nothing seems to be falling into place like it should.
 
From there we went to Ravenna to check on Papa's mom. She fell the other day and broke her upper arm. I HATE how the medical CRAP is handled these days!!! She didn't press her medical alert button. Another bad decision medically. She should not be on her own. BUT she cannot be qualified for help! WHAT THE HECK!
On the way home, I spoke with one of the kids on the phone. He had gotten a message that our next door neighbor had died in the morning. HOW?? Can't be! She's MUCH too young! There wasn't anyone I knew to ask so I did a little computer investigating when I got home and indeed she had. No details. It's really shocking. Life is not to be taken lightly! Make use of every minute! Make sure those you love know it! And DON'T be revengeful and DON'T hold grudges! I'm sure she didn't wake up knowing she was going to die that day. You don't know to make amends because... So...just keep your relationships running smoothly.
 
We needed a little something to soothe us. Ice Cream! Yep. We wove around until we got to Stricklands. I AM SO GLAD WE DID!!! The flavor of the day was grape! My favorite! Oh fer joy fer joy. A big cone and a quart to take home!
 
We were just getting ready to get off the highway at our exit when we got a call from Rusty. He had been working on his garage all day so we turned around and went over to see what all he'd done. I hadn't been able to do a lot of walking all day but I did manage to check out his work and go inside and see Emmi for a few minutes.
 
Next stop was home. My knee was such a wreck. Ice, raising it. Had to baby it all night long. I got up to pack Papa's lunch and grab some cantaloupe for dinner for myself. Then I sat my butt down and relaxed. I'm continuing with my knitting to get scarves made to sell up at the Browns games. My goal was November but I was asked to have some ready for mid October. Cool beans. Can do.
 
~~~~~
 
Today I had SO much on my list. Didn't do much of it. I'm still babying the knee. Most of the rest of the body has gotten tolerable. But that knee...
 
I did a lot of sitting in place activities. Not until after I went up to the attic to do a scrapbook page and purge a bag full. I'm going to keep trying to purge little by little by little. Sooner or later it will get done.
 
I got all the week's coupons cut. Haven't filed them yet but that's next. If they're cut, they'll get used.
 
Next, I flipped my chair over and started doing some work behind it. I had a couple bags of winter clothes for Miss Em that needed a home. The trunk behind my chair wasn't being used completely so I opted to put them there.
 
While I had the chair flipped, I went through some shoes I had in a storage hamper. I found out they do all still fit but they don't feel at all good on my feet. I'll probably take them on our trip anyhow.
 
After I dejunked the blue trunk, it was time for a potty break. I decided to go down instead of up. While I was down, I decided to do a quick check in the freezers. I found frozen pie shell and fruit. Sounds like a pie to me. I also have five apples needing used. Might end up doing apple rather than something from frozen fruit.
 
I cleared email and tamed the spam box. All seems fine now. It's a bummer to have a build up of 100 or more pieces of mail no matter what "box" they're in.
 
Molds are high today and I sure can tell! It's been sneeze city all day long. I hate when that happens. Molds also make me hurt. And it's not bad enough they're in the air outside, when I came up for my shower tonight I got totally miffed. The shower curtain and shower chair got covered in mold spots over night! grrrrr
 
I can't find my daughter's recipe for stuffed pepper soup but I did successfully find one online. I'm wanting to make that probably tomorrow. I'm in the mood and I've got leftover rice to use up. Sounds like a plan. On another trip down to the bathroom, I grabbed some ground meat to use in it.
 
My sister called last night AND tonight and wished me an early happy birthday. lol She cracks me up. I enjoy talking to her. We really don't need an excuse to talk the night away.
 
Our flowers have sure had a rough time with this heat. I had to do some transplanting and combining to come up with some decent looking pots. I want the yard cleaned up and decent in case the wake is next door. It would be terrible of us to have our yard looking depressing. Tomorrow Papa is supposed to finish the mowing. We should look decent enough then.
 
I did a quick frig clean today when I was doing the dishes. It needed it. I got a good inventory of what's there to be used. Still on that use-it-up mission of mine. :-) Also made a jug of orange juice.
 
Before settling in to knit this evening, I went outside and swept off all the "helicopters" from the deck. It was covered! And when I looked up into the tree, I saw we've got plenty more to fall.
I'm going to hang up for now. lol I want to see if I can find out the Mega numbers for Tuesday night and I also want to see if I can find out why about 30 cop cars blared down the street in front of Corry and Angel's late last night. Couldn't find anything earlier because it was too soon for them to post it.
 
Hugs to one and all...
 
~~Mama Sage
 
I was going to put a quote on here but realized the ones I wanted to add shouldn't be added right now. I'll find good ones for next time. ...I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment