Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Monday, March 4, 2013

Well now THAT stinks!!

I thought it was a good thing to use those space saver bags and store some things under the bed.  And I conveniently forgot about what I had stored there.  Well tonight I got curious as to just what it was that was stored under the bed in the office so I got down on all fours and started digging it all out.  My winter clothes!!  I really thought I’d purged through and tossed most of it.  There were my sweaters!  YES!!  I grabbed the bag and pulled.  Mmmmmm STUCK!  Great.  I grabbed bag number 2.  Tug tug tug tug STUCK!!  Now this isn’t funny.  All three bags had lost that suction that makes them skinny.  All three bags had grown to take up every nook and cranny under the bed.  They had gotten lodged in all the crevices between the boards on the bottom of the box springs.  Fun.  But I was determined so I tugged and pulled, maneuvered the clothes out of the bags and got it all out.  I have sweaters!!  I’m so happy.  I know.  Only 16 days until spring, but I’m still happy.  I’ll have them in the closet now and if we get a cold snap I’ll have something to wear.  It’s been pretty chilly without them. 

~~~~~

I’ve been working on making ahead meals for when we have wedding company and also for when I’m having my surgery.  Tonight I did up a big chub of bratwurst sausage into patties.  I cooked them all and also carmelized a ton of onions.  We had sandwiches with it for supper tonight and then I packed up the leftovers.  I took two patties for each guest and put them in a container and smothered them with onions.  When it comes time to cook them for a meal all I’ll need to do is grab out the bowl, dump it in a casserole dish, sprinkle it with water and put it in the oven to warm up.

I also have stuffed peppers ready for the crockpot as well as cabbage rolls.  I’ll just pop them in, sauce them, and voila!  A meal in a jiffy.  Well a slow cooked jiffy. 

I cooked a turkey last week and only used a little of the meat.  I kept the breasts as one piece to heat and slice for a turkey dinner.  The juices are also frozen and ready to make my sister noodles.  Her favorite.  I kept one package of meat off the bones for a casserole.  Possibly a turkey pot pie.  When I did it, I cooked up the bones and made some good turkey soup for a meal for us.  You can’t smell a turkey baking all afternoon and not eat some.  At least I can’t.  I’m not strong enough to do that.  I will probably do one more turkey and handle it much the same way.  I have several frozen turkeys and won’t want to deal with them from about the last week of April until I’ve healed from my May 14th knee surgery.

~~~~~

We had Emmi today while the kids went and added things to their gift registry.  It seems to be the same for nearly every young couple I’ve talked to about their registry that they don’t want to really register for much.  They found out why when they got nearly everything on the first list for their shower Saturday.  Now it looks pretty good.  Lots of choices in lots of price ranges.  Of course people don’t always shop off a registry and that’s fine.  Surprises!  And it’s always good to give money instead.  I’m one who likes to give gifts instead of money.  Unless I know that the couple is in real NEED of money, I’d rather go have some fun shopping for something fun, useful and unique.

~~~~~

Poor Baby.  That’s Corry’s dog.  She won’t quit eating carpet.  Again.  We thought when she moved out of here that the problem was probably solved.  She didn’t do it at their place.  Now she’s doing it again.  She was all bound up this evening.  Corry took her out to run even though the temperature was in the mid 20’s.  When she comes in the door here she generally chows down Nelly’s food as fast as she can.  She didn’t even want to touch it tonight.  All she wanted was the water.  Lots of water.  And her poor belly is all bruisy again.  No one ever figured out why.  It just does it now and then.  I thought it could mean cancer, but she’s still alive and it’s been a long time since that discoloration started.

~~~~~

We ran out to Acme for a few things tonight.  Just some things to get by.  Milk was on sale, 4 half gallons for $5.  The sell by date is a ways away so we bought more than what we’ll be using in the next few days.  They’re having a super meat sale too.  I can’t take big advantage of it but I did get some boneless skinless chicken for 1.89 a pound.  I’m thinking chicken parm sounds good for one day real soon.

~~~~~

Saved myself having to get a nice purse for the wedding.  I had a beautiful one my mom got that was made in Amish country.  The handle on it broke.  I tried fixing it and even my very old Singer couldn’t handle the thickness.  Corry took it to an alterations shop close by that he thought might do it.  For $3 I have a “new” purse.  YES!

~~~~~

Well time to wrap it up for tonight.  I’m hoping to get back to regularity but every time I say that, life gets in the way.  Instead of promising to be back tomorrow, I’ll just promise to be here whenever I can. 

Hugs to all

Until we meet again…

~~Mama Sage

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about Baby. From what you say, it sounds like his condition escalated to the point that it could not be fixed even if he did have surgery. That bruising can only be explained by internal bleeding. Such a sad thing to have happened. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bruising was actually a staff infection she got from constantly licking the area on the insides of her legs. Looked like horrible bleeding bruise.

      Delete