Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

BFF #82 Well good. No one else won either.

Yes, no one else won either.  And it's really my turn.  I guess we will have to wait until the next drawing though.  My numbers didn't come up tonight.  Ah well.  If they had, I'd have been way too excited to sit and do any blogging.  But I still have hope.  Miracles DO happen.  They've happened in my life.  I'm pretty sure they've happened in yours too.  Did you recognize them?



We would have missed a few had our hearts been closed to faith and hope.  We were in the best period of our Christian walk.  That part where you are so hungry to see God that you recognize him and his angels when they're surrounding you.  When you realize that the ol' guy who stopped by to help you with your car didn't just happen by.  It wasn't just a coincidence.  God showed him the way and he listened. 

When you hear that little tiny voice and you listen and do, you'll see that miracles happen.  You can drive 60 miles after sharing a chicken leg with your car full of kids and know that somehow you will be able to also make it back home despite the nearly empty gas tank and the fact your last dollar was spent on that lonely chicken leg.  And when someone tells you "God said I should..." your heart is open enough to understand that THIS is a miracle.  You will not only have a full tank of gas to go home on, you will have the money replaced that bought you the gas to make the trip up AND the chicken leg you and your children had shared.  God is good.

When the doctor tells you your beautiful little girl has a problem and will need to wear leg braces, you are full of faith, you go home, share with family and friends who you know will pray.  You, and they, pray.  Expecting a miracle.  And it happens.  And she never had to wear those braces.

When God brings someone into your life that you would never have met any other way, it is a miracle.  When she first is your friend, then you find out your related?  That's a special miracle. 

You pray for answers for someone you love.  And as soon as "amen" has left your lips, you know it's a miracle when that person calls you and tells you things are progressing and the answer is on the way.

And so miracles will happen.  They do happen.  They are happening.  I just need to remember to open my eyes and see.  And so tonight I'll be praying and expecting miracles.  I have a list.  I'll keep expecting wonderful miracles to happen.  And they will.  I should just open my heart and my eyes and see.

~~Mama Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment