Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Friday, January 28, 2011

Just a-bloggin' along (includes BFF 83 I got to be me)


Oh ya.  Got to be me. 

That's pretty much been me for all my life.  I never figured I COULD measure up to what all the popular kids were up to so I didn't even try.  When I was a kid I was never expected to be anything but me.  Just me.  I had a very successful older brother and sister and I never was held up to them and told I should be like them.  I was always encouraged instead to be the best me I could.  That's how I tried to raise my own kids.  And that's the kind of encouragement and guidance I try to pass on to my grandchildren.  It's hard to walk in another's footsteps.  Even if the size is the same, the gait probably isn't.

~~~~~

My beautiful granddaughter Brandi got her braces off just in time for her 18th birthday!!  Beauty has become even more beautiful.



~~~~~

For my prayer partners out there, please pray for a couple of my friends.  Both have just had some heart surgery.  Both...are young.  One is now suffering another problem that they are trying to find the cause for.  Neither would want their name thrown out to the general public.  So, my faith filled friends, please pray that all encompassing prayer for my friends.  Thanks.

And my li'l girls and their moms have been sick too.  Three out of four are still trying to get fully well.  Nasty virus. 

~~~~~

We have to pray with our eyes on God,
not on the difficulties. 
~~Oswald Chambers

~~~~~

I'm having such a hard time keeping with the program.  I didn't do what I NEEDED to do last year and I have to continue doing this year.  We NEED to get this house in order.  And while I'm at it, I'll handle bags and bags of things that have been cast off and not really sorted.  When you toss, you should really take advantage and get something back for what you had.  I've got bills to pay...T A X E S.  Ohhhh woeeeee is me. 


We've taken several bags down to the rec room and my job is to decide what goes to charity and what we shall try to sell.  Things given to charity then must be inventoried and bagged or boxed then taken.  Things to sell must be photographed and listed.  That's where I'm stuck.  Once I get started I know I'll just bust butt to get through it all.  And once we get through the first mountain, if, IF I keep up with things it can run smoothly and sanely.  I've done it before.  I can and WILL do it again.

I actually got started sort of tonight.  Check out my Etsy page!! 

I've begun listing my scarves.  I'm crossing my fingers I'll get some traffic there and things will sell.  This has got to become my income.

~~~~~

I did a baby clothes drawer sort and came up....empty!  Our little girls are growing up so fast!  Amazing.  When our kids were growing up, it seemed like time passed a lot slower.  I still feel like they are new and just born and Emmi, the oldest of our new babies is going to be a year old in less than two months!  Where oh where does time go?

I made myself go upstairs and drag out some of the older yarn I have.  I got so excited and involved in doing those fancy dancy yarns into scarves that I was kind of neglecting the older stuff.  You know, with big ol' needles, even the older yarn becomes beautifully soft and huggy.

~~~~~

I'm still in the use it up mode around here.  At least I'm trying.  I made scalloped potatoes and carrots with ham chunks for dinner the other night.  Mmmm I love it.  Even when it doesn't turn out right.  lol  There are two ways of doing it.  One takes just a little longer and dirties a pan.  I try to avoid that way.  But.  That is the way I should always do it.  When I do it the speedy way, it works about half the time.  The longer way is where you make the white sauce and pour it over everything then bake.  The other way, you layer, dot with butter, sprinkle salt and pepper and flour the repeat repeat, cover, bake and ta daaaa.  It's something that could be good or could change the menu to Potato Soup.  lol

~~~~~

I decided to make the Mama version of gorp.  That's another way to say trail mix.  I wanted it to be healthy and to have antioxidants.  I did my best.  And I put in the things MAMA likes.  When you make it yourself, what you put in and how much are all up to you.

Mama's gorp
  •     almonds
  •     cashews
  •     dried blueberries
  •     raisins
  •     dried cranberries
  •     chocolate covered raisins (less chocolate than M&M's but gives it that li'l chocolate bite)

~~~~~

A baby changes your dinner party conversation
from politics to poops.
~~Maurice Johnstone



~~~~~


Okay tell me.  What is the reasoning here?  They are changing the names of all the schools that are being rebuilt.  They are no longer jr high, middle school, elementary, etc.  They are Community Learning Centers.  So what's up with that?  Anyone in on what the thinking is?


~~~~~


Oh my goodness!  That was the nastiest, ickiest, goopy uck.  It was a micro-mess.  Y U C K !!  I had a couple of packages in the pantry of this warm it up ... stuff.  The tuna is good.  Tuna steaks of various seasonings.  The chicken...was it???  I couldn't be sure!  The BBQ sauce on it was good.  But the pasta!  OH MY GOSH was it awful!  Even the dog didn't want it!


~~~~~


Always out for a bargain, I spied this and wondered how many of you truly take advantage.



If a store is going to offer it free and their deal is the best deal, you double dern betcha I'm going to take advantage of the freebie they are offering.  Eyes open wide so the deals can't hide.

~~~~~

Did I tell you about when we took the babies to Cracker Barrel?  Oh what a fun time!  And Emmi had her first lemon...at least with us...



Don't ask me.  I don't have a clue.  Two of the pictures I uploaded came up sideways.  The rest are fine.  lol  Wish I could post the Melanie pictures too but I can't.  :-(  Not allowed.

~~~~~



When we went for gas the other day we got quite a chuckle.  I was taking winter pictures...and then I got the best winter picture of the day.




Yes seriously this guy was dressed for winter from his waist up and summer from his waist down.  Didn't seem to shiver.  But I did!!

~~~~~



On that note, Blue Eyes Emerson and Mimi Sage are signing off.  But before we do, we need to say



HAPPY BIRTHDAY


to my wonderful hubby, Cliff. 


Hugs to all.
~~Mama Sage


1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have lots going on as usual. I don't know where you get your energy. You must have taken mine and used it up. LOL

    The guy in the shorts must be kin to me. As long as my arms are warm, I'm okay. I walked with a jacket and shorts just a couple of days ago.

    Love your newsy blogs! Awesome BFF 83!

    ReplyDelete