Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Friday, February 4, 2011

So how's your day? (includes BFF84)

Birthday celebrations don't always happen the way you want them to.  I always hope to have a party for everyone but it seems the older everyone gets the harder that becomes.  Friday the 28th was actually Cliff's birthday.  The day was just too jam packed and too many people, including him, were working.  So, instead, he and I went to lunch at Rockne's.  I got their gyro salad and boy howdy are their salads HUGE!  His meal there is usually their Mack the Knife burger, but he changed it up and decided on a rueben.  It looked so darn good when he got it.  Kinda wish I'd gotten that. 
 
We made a quick trip to BJ's and then headed over to pick up Missy.  She was going with us up to get Kennedy.  Quick up, quick back and then to dinner.  Cliff had to work so we had to get him home in time to catch a few zzz's.  I took Kennedy and Missy back to Missy's.  And it was a good day.  I got to talk at least a few minutes to all my kids.  That always makes it a good day.  :-)
 
By the time I got back home, my feet were hugely swollen and HOT!  I hate that.  I don't have a clue why they do it.  I'm hoping if I drop a bunch of wait it will stop.
 
I found THE ornament idea for the baby ornaments and decided I would makethemt before bed.  And then I went upstairs and promptly changed my mind.  I looked at what I'd already started and THAT was what they should be.  My tree wasn't coming down until I got them finished and hung for at least a day or two so I stay upstairs in my craft room until they were done.  I took pictures, but they won't upload darn it. Sad.  I'd love to share.
 
And then...I caught up on my soaps.  I watch all the ABC soaps.  Have since I was a kid.  Used to watch them with my Gramma.
 
~~~~~
 
hahahahahaha!!  Gee, was it spam?  Ya THINK?  It said it was "re: presidential compensation fund."  hahahahahahaha
 
~~~~~
 
Love is...BFF 84
 
L O V E
 
love is sharing
love is caring
love is bearing
love is pairing
 
love is not scaring
love is not glaring
love is not tearing
 
love is rare
love is fair
love's in the air
and always there
 
~~~~~
 
On Monday we were finally able to actually celebrate Cliff's birthday with family.  Sadly, significant others couldn't be there and of course our youngest lives out of state, but we did have a super lunch at Applebees with the four that live here and three of the grandgirls. 
 
I started a program I'm finding to work super for me.  It's called MY FITNESS PAL.  I found the app on my phone and then followed it to the online site too.  And best of all it's free.  You set up a profile of where you are now and where you want to be.  You tell it how much you intend to exercise and it calculates how many calories, etc. you can have to achieve your own goal.  No one tells you what you should be.  No one tells you what you have to do.  YOU are in complete control.  It's just between you and the keyboard. 
 
When you eat something, you enter it in and it automatically calculates all the info on it and let's you know where you are after with calories and nutrients.  I'm finding that some things I thought would be horrible aren't nearly as bad as some I thought would surely be good for me.  And I'm also finding out I don't consume nearly as many calories, etc. as I thought.  If I could just get my knee and back let me be more active I could probably drop weight a lot easier.  Wish I had time for the pool.  I could cheaply join the fitness center at Cliff's work.
 
~~~~~
 
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.
~~Robert Kennedy
 
~~~~~
 
Anyone else watch the Nate show?  I record it and watch it in the evening because it's on the same time as my soaps.  The other day, he had on some super couponing chicks.  These ladies were awesome!  Hundreds in groceries for pennies on the dollar.  Amazing.  They save ALL coupons.  They work them with the store ads.  They gather as many copies of the paper as they are able to find.  One dumpster dives.  One gets them from neighbors and things. 
 
I like the one girl's coupon system.  I have mine in a file.  Okay but not the most convenient.  She uses clear enveloped pages, like the ones the kids save baseball cards in, and she has them in a loose leaf notebook arranged the way her most shopped store is arranged. 
 
They reminded me of several things I already know.  Yes.  You can combine a store coupon and a manufacturers coupon.  An advertised sale price can also be combined with a coupon.  Keeping that in mind, if you have a bogo coupon and the store is running a bogo, according to them, you bog2 free.  Never tried that.  Have you?
 
~~~~~
 
Don't let what you can't do interfere with what you can do.
~~unknown
 
~~~~~
 
Speaking of savings and free, on the news Monday night, they said one local police station offering free super bowl party hosting kits.  In the kit there is a $5 Discount Drug Mart card and two $5 taxi cards.  Now it's F R E E so why aren't people RUNNING to pick one up?  How could they make you prove you are for sure hosting a party and if you are watching and having fun, can't that be considered a party in itself?
 
~~~~~
 
Now that was one good meatloaf!  Never make it the same, and tonight, it was good!
 
  • 3 # ground meat
  • 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
  • 2 carrots, chopped fine
  • 1 medium onion, chopped fine
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 c. rolled oats
  • season salt and garlic pepper to taste
  • 1/4 # swiss cheese, chunked small
  • 1/4# cheddar cheese, chunked small
    Mix it up and plop it in a baking pan.  Bake at 350 forever.  No really about an hour and fifteen minutes.  I served this with parsley new potatoes and steamed green beans.  Yummy!
 
~~~~~ 
 
Oh come now.  A bumpit on a sixty year old with thinning hair?  Looks like a big old hairy wart!
 
~~~~~ 
 
And today.  First the news.  A little 12 year old girl got an unwanted surprise message on a conversation heart.  They said they couldn't say the word on the news but it was slang for a woman's chest.  They showed it and fuzzed the second word.  It said, "nice t_____"  And then came a commercial.  A Kay Jewelers commercial.  And it was a Valentines commercial.  You've seen it.  Where one of them says that those conversation hearts always tell the truth.  What an unfortunate combination of events!
 
~~~~~
 
I'm done.  My blog is done.  I did the bills and checkbooks.  The kitchen is done.  The laundry is done.  Man, I'm all fulla victory tonight!!!
 
~~~~~
 
We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.
~~Vince Lombardi
 
~~~~~
 
Hugs, y'all.
~~Mama Sage

2 comments:

  1. Mama Sage...this was AWESOME. I loved the poem and I am soooo checking out My Fitness Pal. As I have embarked on a journey to lose weight and get in shape.

    (Definitely a follower now too!)

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete