Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's bloggin' time again!!

And isn't it just about time?  I've been away from this for way too long.  I need to get back into the swing of things.  Really back.  To stay.
Have you looked outside?  Oh WOW is it white!  The snow has been falling for days.  For me, this is a perfect time of year.  I love winter and snow and all things cold.  I wish I had pictures to post but somewhere, my camera has hidden itself.  I know it's here somewhere.  I had it when I went to the cookie party on Sunday.  It will show up.  Has to.  What would I do without a camera??
I think I'll begin that daily blog thing again.  That makes me happiest.  If I can't post daily, that will have to be fine, but I can do a running blog to myself in email and then post when I can.  You don't mind sitting and being a part of my planning, do you?
This morning when I got up and got downstairs, Papa already had li'l Miss Emmi and was doing fine with her.  I had meant to get up bright and early and be here when she came but my phone won't keep a charge.  It was dead and the alarm couldn't ring.  Under normal circumstances, Papa does keep her until I get up.  In fact, he picks her up in the morning and brings her home.  The problem is, Papa lost his balance and fell getting off a flatbed trailer on Friday and broke his right leg right above his ankle.  He can't put weight on that leg at all and I was concerned about him babysitting.  He did fine though now.  They put him in a walking cast on Monday.  Well a boot.  One of those air cast boot deals.
For all of you who are asking, yes.  I will be listing the scarves.  My intentions were to have them all up and going by last night.  Didn't happen.  I guess that means I should make another goal.  Okay.  Let's shoot for Thursday night.  How does that sound?  My plan is to put a link here and one on facebook and one on myspace.  Once they are online and listed, I promise to let y'all know.
I don't know whether I did myself a favor or if I've jinxed myself, but I put all my cookie baking and candy making supplies out on the counter.  I want to get some things done by Christmas so that I can share with the kids.  Since we aren't hosting things this year, I will concentrate on sharing. 
I'm beginning to not just tolerate doing the laundry but to enjoy the hours spent too.  I still hate doing laundry, which I know doesn't make sense, but even hating it, the hours spent are now spent in my family room/ rec room.  It's so great having that coca cola room back again.  I've missed it.  And having the fireplace down there is fantastic.  Especially these frigid days we are having.
I'll be hanging it up here soon.  I put a meatloaf in the oven and need to make the to-go-withs.  The meatloaf is one of Mama's specials.  It is always a use-it-up meal.  Tonight, I had a few frozen burgers, one 1 pound roll of ground turkey and some leftover sloppy joes.  To that, I added pepper, season salt and cheese.  Mmmm.  Yep.  All set and in the over now.
To go with it, I took a box of chocolate pudding that needed using, mixed it up and added some cool whip that wasn't getting used.  Probably about a third of a bowl.  Then, since I'm trying to use up things in canisters on the counter, I used up the vanilla wafers and stirred them in.  I know.  I'm a weird-o.
Now the veggies.  We will be having a mix of peas and carrots and cauliflower, leftovers.  I was going to put them IN the meatloaf, but decided serving them with it instead would make it feel more like a meal.  lol
And now I'm hearing noises outside.  Someone must be here.  I will have to chat later.
Until next time....
~~Mama Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment