Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Thursday, December 9, 2010

trying to get back with the program

I've taken a bit of time to just browse my way through some blogs here and it's beginning to feel a little more comfy.  My hopes are that soon I'll be feeling downright "ta home" and get some blogging done myself.  I've felt so out of it.  When you blog daily for a long, long time, years, and suddenly you stop, it's a strange, strange feeling.  I feel kind of shy at this again.  But not to worry.  I'll be back in the swing in no time.  I'm finding some of my Blogging For Fun friends here who have also switched from myspace blogs or who are perhaps testing the waters.  Welcome!  And if you are wondering if there is any other gathering place, yes there is.  Some of my BFF friends are a part of a myspace bloggers group on facebook. 
~~~~~
I guess I'll just do a random fill you in type blog tonight.  Something.  Anything.  Just have to make myself begin so I can regain that confidence.  I know I won't have near the numbers reading, at least for a while.  That's okay with me.  I'll be back to totally doing this for me. 
When I began my blogging several years ago, I did it as a way to stay accountable to myself and keep a type of diary of my journey into weight loss.  Well that train sort of left the track.  Life happened and I got away from paying the attention to me that I should.  I've got a lot of areas that need some attention and I'm hoping that I can work my way back to where I belong.
~~~~~
This evening we attended a cancer benefit for one of the kids' friends.  This beautiful young 27 year old woman has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  Friends and family organized the first of hopefully many fund raisers to help her with medical needs.  She has no insurance.  We had a nice pasta dinner that I'm sure will likely be repeated. 
It was at a church that I found interesting.  I've got the itch to find a church home again.  This one was a huge non-denominational.  Huge as in close to the size of the church we belonged to in San Antonio.  That's big!  We are considering it for Christmas Eve services.  Got a couple others we want to check but this one has risen to the top of the list.
~~~~~
I'm slowly getting the trees put up.  The one in the rec room went up first.  Corry and Brian helped Papa take the fireplace down to the basement/rec room.  It looks wonderful down there. It was a lot of sweeping, cleaning and moving to get the room back to being a rec room.  It had played the part of a bedroom for several years.  But now it's our room to stretch out and just be again.  The bigger grandkids came by and carried 38 years of photo albums from the 3rd floor attic, my craft area, all the way to the basement.  The kids had been wanting to look at old pictures several times recently and I wanted them accessible again.  We had them in the livingroom for years before they got taken up to the attic when I had hopes of reworking them into more modern scrapbooks.  My scrapbooks that I have gotten done have also made their way down from the first floor.  I plan to keep a little square trunk of extra pictures there too that the kids can grab from.  All duplicates will go there as will all the ones I choose not to use in an album.
The livingroom tree is up and lights are on.  Only because it's a pre-lit though.  And let me tell you.  When you have a strand on a pre-lit tree go bad, it's a pain!!  Those suckers are wrapped and twisted and tied on a branch.  Several feet of wires on each branch.  Amazing.  And did I say it was a P A I N ?? 
 
Ornaments were carried up from storage today.  I'm hoping to decorate the big tree by the weekend.  Got some other things that might get in the way though.  We want to help shop for a family in need, we have to take the van in, retrieve part of a toy from someone I bought a group of second hand toys from, we need to take some things to Missy... 
 
Plus we'll be babysitting and I have to bake.  I've got a cookie party I'm excited to attend on Sunday and I need to make lots and lots of cookies to share.  I still haven't decided on a recipe.  I've got some I'm thinking about.  I'll have to let you in on my decision if I ever makeonet.
 
The stockings are coming along.  I have a few more names to cross stitch and then I'll begin to assemble them all.  The biggest job is always filling them though.  I think I counted 24 to fill this year. 
 
I still haven't listed scarves yet.  I really do need good light then will put on another blog page.  I think I"ll be posting here and on facebook.  Maybe not.  Might just do it here. 
 
Well I'm off.  We are buried under about a foot of snow so far.  I love snow!  snow! snow! snow!  Soon as I get with the program, I'll figure out pictures I'll have to post some.
 
Mama will be back just as soon as I can.  I will eventually be back on here daily.  It's just going to take me some time.  Thanks for being loyal friends.
 
Hugs.
~~Mama Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment