Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Thursday, April 21, 2011

What a week!!!

It really wasn't exactly what I had planned, but we deal with what we've got. 
 
I got a rest.  I really wasn't in the market for the kind of rest I got but that's fine.  I guess.  I don't like that part of Papa's PTO days were used up on it.  That makes me upset.  I wasn't real thrilled that I didn't get to see much of my family.  But, okay.  I guess.  I didn't like the pain I was in.  But meds helped.  I'm dealing. 
 
I had another flare up with my foot.  That right foot incident last month seems to have repeated itself with a friend.  They decided that I don't have blood clots.  They decided that the cellulitis is back.  And they decided I probably have gout ta boot!  yay  sigh 
 
I had a room all by myself at the very quiet end of the hallway at the hospital.  Spent two days there.  The day staff was awesome.  The night staff left a lot to be desired.  Food was good.  It wasn't the same hospital I was in last year but they have the same menu and recipes.  The pot roast is awesome!  mmmm 
 
I was a little excitement and entertainment the second night I was there.  The night staff was a little less than attentive and I slipped and fell.  Caused a real commotion!  lol  Didn't hurt me a bit.  But they had to do a little CYA and called in the troops.  First they came and did a little yelling.  Then they "helped" me do what I'd started to do.  Then they sent in an ER doc.  Then they put a burglar alarm on me so I wouldn't get out of bed.  hahahahaha  Ya.  When day staff came in, I told her what happened.  She tisked a little and brushed it off.  She said when they told her about it at their little briefing she told them she found it very hard to believe.  Her helper came in and told me the same thing.  Oh man I just cannot seem to go to the hospital and not have an adventure! 
 
~~~~~
 
It all put me a little behind in getting ready for this weekend, but I'm handling it.  I'm hobbling and wobbling and getting around with a cane and a walker, but I'm accomplishing things.  Shoot.  Today and this evening, I've wrapped the gifts, made the favors, gotten all the game materials readies, wrapped the prizes for games, made the tuna macaroni salad, packed Papa's lunch, cleaned up the kitchen, done the checkbooks, tossed dirty laundry where it belongs, cleaned out Emmi's dresser and stored away too small or too warm, done my shopping list for tomorrow, and Darlene came and I loaded her up with supplies I had she needed for a project she's doing for the shower.  I've also been the go between for all the family while Papa was at the ER with one of our sons. 
 
Yes, more adventure.  Severe abdominal pains, shooting to back, shooting to his chest.  Nothing showed on any labs or CT.  He was seen by more than one doctor.  It's all a mystery.  We think it may have been a kidney stone passed without being diagnosed.  After he used the bathroom, a lot of the pain subsided.
 
~~~~~
 
The guys are building a front porch / deck for us.  I'm so happy!!  It's something I've wanted since we moved here.  I can't wait for it to be done.  Hopefully the weather will hold and they can get it done tomorrow and Saturday.  All the guys will be here during the shower so it's prime time.  I'd love it done for our Easter BBQ.
 


 
~~~~~
 
Spread the diaper in the position of the diamond with you at bat. 
Then fold second base down to home and set the baby on the pitcher's mound. 
Put first base and third together,
bring up home plate and pin the three together. 
Of course, in case of rain,
you gotta call the game and start all over again. 
~~Jimmy Piersal
 
~~~~~
 
Well it didn't work this time.  Unless she ordered the wrong thing.  We tried.  Angel is really very ready to have little CJ.  We decided we'd take her to Rita's on Friday.  She should have gone into labor and had the baby.  But our little plan didn't work.  She's still very pregnant and it looks like CJ won't be a guest at the baby shower. 
 
 
 
~~~~~
 
Have a wonderful Easter weekend.  Thanks for coming to visit.
~~Mama Sage
 
Let the resurrection joy
lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair
to strength and beauty and happiness. 
~~Floyd W. Tomkins

1 comment:

  1. That was quite a week! That porch excites me! I do have a porch and I love it. We have 2 chairs out there and an occasional table. I often sit out there with a glass of iced tea and a book!

    I hope you are feeling better. It always makes me feel sad when you are having a physical issue. Be well!

    Love your blogs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete