Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Friday, April 15, 2011

Wow, now THAT is COOL!!!!

But first, let me start my day. 
 
 
 
Fever has hit me....
 
Last night I got a bug up my butt.  I decided that it was high time we destroy the broken down awning and railing out front and create the porch of my dreams.  Well sort of.  The porch of my dreams is actually much, much bigger than the porch we will be creating.  It would wrap around my house.  At least three sides of my house would have an awesome porch to sit out on and enjoy.  For now, we're only going to be putting a porch on the front.  Later, when funds allow, I still want to put a slider or French door out the dining room and make a side deck that wraps to the back.  The rest of that dream has a brick patio to tie the front and side porches/decks.  THEN I'll have my three side wrap deck.  :-)
 
Anyhow, I got the bug up my behind and the right people happened to be here to help me work the dream.  Brian and Corry have helped us plan it and as of this afternoon, supplies have been ordered.  They'll be starting tomorrow.  YAY! 
 
We're working towards the 40 year anniversary.  Next year in May.  By then, that porch will have matching rocking chairs.  And Papa and Mama Sage will sit outside rocking and rocking and every now and then, we'll look at each other and just giggle.  No talking needed.  We know each other well enough we sometimes don't even need to talk to have a conversation.
 
~~~~~
 
We took Missy to the doctor today.  I thought it would give us a little huggin' time with Melanie.  Not quite the way it worked.  Sweet thing fell asleep and napped the whole time.  We did get to spend a little bit of time with her but I never have enough.  I just love her to pieces.
 
~~~~~
 
While we were out today, we picked up some things I found on Craigslist.  If you don't check it regularly, you should.  Today's find was awesome.  I got almost 90 jars/containers of baby food, three boxes of baby cereal, one of baby mum treats, nearly 100 articles of 12 mo. girls' clothing, a baby bouncer seat, a boppy pillow with cover, a play mat, a grocery cart/high chair seat cover, and a swing plus five pairs of little girls shoes.  Guess how much.  Awe just take a stab at it.  A hundred bucks.  Can you believe it??  Some will be for our little ones and some will help one of the kids' friends.  One heckuva deal I'd say.
 
~~~~~
 
When we got home, I sifted through all that loot and sorted what went to who.  Papa went to pick up little Miss Em and we had her a couple hours until mommy got home.  What a trip!  She is just learning so much so fast!  Today I told her to "go get Mimi a diaper."  The li'l darlin' did.  Ten of them!  So, I had her help reload the diaper bag.  When mom got here, we were talking and she decided to help some more.  Emptied the blankets, the diapers, the wipes, and anything else she could grab.  She is so curious about everything.  It's fun to watch her and imagine what her thoughts might be as she does things.
 
After they left, I picked up and sorted the toys, put the changing table things back where they belonged and moved some things.  I moved the changing table to the dining room.  That was my biggest "do."  And now I'm whipped. 
 
~~~~~
 
I'm watching my soaps right now with sadness.  I know things do sometimes have to come to an end, but Pine Valley and Landview have been part of my life since I was a teenager.  Man.  I'm really going to miss my friends.
 
~~~~~
 
Off to do some planning for Easter weekend.  We're doing a baby shower on Saturday and a BBQ for Easter.  Lots of planning.  Hoping to have lots of people.  All are always welcome.
 
~~~~~
 
In the spring, at the end of the day,
you should smell like dirt. 
~~Margaret Atwood
 
~~~~~
 
Until next time...
Hugs and love,
 
~~Mama Sage
 

1 comment:

  1. I used to live in Salem all the time. I grew up in Llandview and Pine Valley. Also Port Charles. It was about 10 years ago that I quit watching all of that.

    I'm noticing that Craigslist is good for job advertisements. They have more postings than in the news paper. I should check out what else they have to offer, but I usually find things through Amazon.

    I always get that urge to want to clean out things. I call everything Spring cleaning even when it's not Spring. LOL. Right now, we're in a drought so it's important to keep everything off the counters or else you get those little ants everywhere. They're looking for water right now.

    40 years is awesome! Congratulations! I hope you have a great Easter weekend! I cannot believe it's the middle of the month already. Time is flying.

    Take Care,

    Diana

    ReplyDelete