Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wow what a weekend!

And it's only Sunday!
 
Friday, after picking up Kennedy, we dropped Cliff off at the house to sleep and high tailed it to Kent to Mike's Place to join lots of Brandi's friends and some of the family to celebrate Brandi's 19th birthday.
We got to sit on the bus.  Since most of you don't know what that is, you're probably not as excited as I was. 
 
Mike's Place is made up of lots of strange elements for areas.  They have their regular dining area, they have a castle, there is a boat, and the bus and I don't even know what else.  The bus is special to me.  It was made at Twin Coach, a place my grandfather worked many moons ago.  It was started by two brothers who were part of the Fageol Motor Company.  It's kind of cool to connect with something like that.  The company manufactured buses from 1927 until 1956. 
 
Anyhow it's a pretty cool place if you're in the mood for unique.  
 
~~~~~
 
It was a Happy 60th Birthday for Cliff Saturday.  I thought I had him confused, but in the end he probably knew what was up.  We had a meal at Corry's, bratwurst, pasta salad, potato salad, cheesy potatoes and sauerkraut.  Then cupcakes and ice cream and chocolate mint chocolate chip cookies.  All the kids and most of the grandkids were there.  Yep even Adam via face time. 
 
Cliff got some of the funniest 60 year old gifts.  Most just aren't able to be put in my "family friendly" blog.  lol
 
 
Some of the kids went on to Eldorado's after for karaoke fun.  Kris and Darlene were DJing.  I'd have liked to have gone, but they were crowded.  There are only a couple booths I can sit at.  I just can't do those really high chairs.  Dangling my leg pulls on that knee and kills me.  Don't want to undo the progress it has made.
 
~~~~~
 
Our little CJ cut his first tooth the other day.  I love watching babies after that first little foreign thing pops into their mouth.  They are so amazed by it they can't keep their tongue off it.  I got him smiling, even with his mouth open, but not one of the pictures got that cute little tooth.
 
 
~~~~~
.
Sitting and relaxing last evening I did little jobs of organization.  I decided to go back to my old coupon box.  I had given it to Missy a while back and she didn't find it as convenient as I did.  I do keep it in the grocery card seat while I'm shopping though.  With a baby to tote, that space isn't available to her.  That's fine.  I was really glad to have it back. 
 
When I was done with that, I cleaned out-to-eat/store coupons in my purse.  We didn't end up buying the entertainment book this year so I'm fast into hunting for other coupons sources and cutting and printing and grabbing.  I keep them in a little envelope pouch in my purse so they're always with us. 
 
Sorting the magic socks was also in order.  You just can't have too many.  Who knows when an owie will happen and you need to slip on a pair for comfort. 
 
~~~~~
 
Now.  All those carbs?? you say.  Yes.  Lots of carbs.  I did fine.  I had a bowl of my chili for lunch so no carbs there.  Missed breakfast.  I did eat a good helping of the pasta salad, some potato salad and a good helping of Missy's cheesy potatoes.  I ate one cupcake minus bites Emmi took, a bit of ice cream and one of Kris' chocolate mint chocolate chip cookies.  I tricked myself on the ice cream.  I scooped three little half scoops and made it look like more so I could fake myself out.  I didn't eat the sauerkraut.  I was afraid of the salt since I'd done myself in with carbs already.  No sense rattlin' with two no-no's.  I did eat one brat after we got back home.  And to make myself feel okay to party, I had no snacks at all Saturday. 
 
Not every day is carb free.  Not every one is caffeine or sugar free.  But I'm improving.  The gigantic portions and seconds of some things I would have had months ago don't happen now.  I try to improve on old habits.  And ... I'm not hungry now.  What I have to concentrate more on is eating slower.  I know that will be something I will have to be diligent about after surgery.  I will need to learn to eat slower and chew longer.  It will happen.  The slower I make changes, the longer I believe those changes will last.
 
~~~~~
 
Success is steady progress
toward one's personal goals. 
~~Jim Rohn
 
~~~~~
 
Until next time...
 
~~Mama Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment