Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I hate restless legs!

One change at a time and each change becomes mine.
 
Monday...

This was a very achey day. I haven't a clue if it was the fibromyalgia acting up or if there was something else going on. I just know I hurt.
 
I got our tickets to Hudson Player's BINGO. I know it's going to be good. And the cool thing is I called a friend who is in it and she sort of helped me get prime seats. To us at least. I guess where we're sitting we will be hassled a lot. Cool! That should be fun!
 
Breakfast was oatmeal with blueberries and milk. And half an apple.
 
Lunch was rigatoni, broccoli salad and some blueberries. Just a couple.
 
Dinner was leftover goulash over noodles. And just to pack the protein I finished up the rest of the smoked brisket Rusty did.
 
I've also been drinking a big glass of Ovaltine milk each night when I think about it. Ovaltine has no caffeine and does have just a bit of protein.
 
~~~~~
 
Tuesday...
 
I do enjoy being spoiled, and I definitely appreciate my gifts but I don't care a lot for all the hoopla of Hallmark holidays. I know Valentine's Day does have a legitimate history, but I still consider it a Hallmark holiday. I love my plant and card though. Very nice! But mostly I look at this day as a good day to reflect on all the loves in my life.
 
Long day today. We had a split shift with Emmi today unexpectedly. When someone calls off work as happened at Rusty's job today, someone has to pinch hit. It doesn't just put the boss in a pickle, it jerks around the schedules of people who have to fill in and then dominoes down through others many times. One call off changed the schedules of many, People should really think twice or three times before calling off work.
 
For breakfast this morning, I had an egg scramble. It had several veggies and some bacon in it. Not a lot of bacon but enough to lend to the flavor. Also had a little bit of cheese in it.
 
Our Valentine's dinner was at Red Robin with Rusty and Emmi. My sister had given us a gift certificate for Christmas and we put it to use today. We both got the Whiskey River BBQ Chicken wrap. I only ate a few of my fries. I'm not counting calories, but I do try to do the best I can to at least cut down on carbs.
After we ate, I had the first part of the psych evaluation required before the bariatric surgery. I felt like the doc thought I would be intimidated having to see a psychologist. Nope. No way. If things had been different, I'd have been sitting in his seat. THAT is what I'd have gone to school for. I feel quite at home talking to most anyone,
 
Today's appointment was pretty much a fact gathering mission. I was to fill him in on medical history, family status through the years, we talked of possible triggers to eating and just some general things about weight loss. 99% of what was said was things I already know and have implemented. I think everyone expects that since I'm this big lunky fatso I should also be stupid about nutrition, proper eating, etc. Not so. Hear ye, hear ye. All fat people are not stupid and uninformed!
 
Since we'd had so much already for the day, I made a salad for supper. I had that and some strawberries. Miss Emmi had lots of fruits. She grabbed a banana and some blueberries too. And...an eggie. :-)
I wish my eye wasn't feeling like it is. It just feels like it's on the edge of getting pink eye. MAN I hope it doesn't! We have a lot going this week.
 
~~~~~
 
And YES I hate restless legs.  Makes me not want to do anything but SCREAM!
 
~~Mama Sage

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm... Oatmeal with blueberries!! We had that yesterday. Have you ever tried scrambled eggs with salsa mixed in? It's very yummy and except for the salt, salsa's good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make breakfast tacos often and salsa is always part of it. Isn't it good?? I like my own salsa best because I control things like salt, but any salsa tastes great!

    ReplyDelete