Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Sunday, March 18, 2012

And then you take the next step

 
When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. 
Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. 
Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. 
The past cannot be changed. 
The future is yet in your power.
~~Hugh White
 
~~~~~
 
It's getting exciting finding more and more people for reunion every day.  Just yesterday I got in touch with two more of the "kids" by phone after a lengthy online search.  It's amazing what's on the internet about each of us.  With a little bit of thinking about what I find and adding the 2's to get 4, I'm coming up with connections.  I really wish I could get fellow classmates to brainstorm with me.  Sometimes it takes just a clue to get me in contact.  I may not remember who someone's close friends were or what they did for a living, but you might.  It could be the answer to getting more notified of this reunion and get us all back in touch again.
 
~~~~~
 
Did you know ...
 
 
AND the store in Stow and the one in Kent have separate specials too!  If you buy X amount you get product #1, X amount also #2 and sometimes X amount adds one more freebie.
 
~~~~~
 
Cliff and I are having such fun playing lottery tag.  We started out with $20 in winners I'd been hanging on to for a while.  We took them and got more scratch offs with them.  We played for two days and ended up with a hand full of entries so hopefully you Ohio friends and family will see our names as upcoming contestants on Cash Explosion.  Cross your fingers!  ...and your toes, your legs, your arms and anything else crossable!
 
~~~~~
  
I'm really loving American Idol this season.  So many awesome singers!  It's hard to decide who's my favorite.  I really don't think I'll chose one this year.  I'm going to just watch and enjoy each of the episodes. 
 
~~~~~
 
It's been so good to have windows open this last couple weeks.  I did break down and close the windows today.  Mostly because Cliff has to sleep in the evening and it doesn't mesh well with the parties next door.  We also blacked out our bedroom windows today.  It's necessary.  At night we have the street light shining in and in the day we have the sunlight blazing through.  I'm hoping on a not so noisy evening he'll be able to sleep easier.  No one else in the area lives our schedule and that does make it hard.
 
~~~~~
 
We sold the camper.  Yep.  Camp no more.  It's okay.  We didn't get what we wanted for it by any means, but at least we no longer have the responsibility of it. I'll miss it.  I know I will.  But we can still go out to visit Kris and Darlene and keep in touch with the people we met out there.  Countryside is still an awesome place especially if you're camping with family.
 
Once we gather some vacation time, we'll enjoy the time share more I think.  And it is something we can take the kids with us on too.  It's all good.
 
~~~~~ 
A fun website I found...
 
 
~~~~~
 
Emmi's mommy has been on vacation now for a week and I've been tackling some of the projects that can't be done when I'm babysitting daily.  I still have two major ones.  I've not even got a good start on the basement and in the next four days I want it done.  Plus I have the ... ugh ... filing to do.  It'll happen.  Somehow. 
 
I'm missing my girlie.  When you get used to having a little one in the house all the time you really miss it when they're gone.
 
~~~~~
 
We're getting ready for summer weddings.  Corry and Angel are tying the knot on May 26th and Dusty and Leon are strolling into wedded bliss on June 30th.  I'm not sure what I'm going to be needed for if anything but they know I'm available.  Actually I'm working on a couple projects for Angel.  Dusty hasn't enlisted my help yet.  And...Mimi says if she wants it, she'd better let me know!  >>big smile<< 
 
~~~~~
 
Our little CJ, Corry, Jr., is getting so big.  We've watched him a little while a couple days recently and he's pulling up on me and rocking on hands and knees when he's on the floor.  When he's rockin' away and flops down, the one leg bends and he scoots.  Pretty close to a crawl.  And his smile is beautiful!  His whole face smiles.  I love it!
 
~~~~~
 
I have done a lot in the kitchen and have it about to my liking for now.  I haven't done the deep clean, but I've done some purging and organizing.  I want to do a few other things but they're things I can do a bit at a time as time allows. 
 
~~~~~
 
While I've been going through my kitchen stuff, memories have invaded.  I started thinking about how we did school day breakfasts.  On the weekends, I'd cook up a mess of pancakes, waffles or muffins or whatever.  Then I'd bag them in portions in the freezer.  Each kid could choose their fancy and nuke them in the morning before heading out the door. 
 
I also make lots and lots of puddings and jellos.  When I could, I'd toss in sugar free.  No one cared.  It's was all good to them.  Those were mostly for school lunches.  When we got pizza, we'd get the deal of the day.  Then I'd freeze leftovers in portions and it was ready for a snack. 
 
When you can, cut corners I always say.  I liked the make it yourself stuff.  I felt it was part of my job description. 
 
~~~~~
 
I also started thinking about how much I genuinely used my Tupperware steamer.  Probably every meal!  I was the kind of mom who tried to make sure the kids got plenty of veggies and fruits.  Veggies in the steamer were fast, easy and better than drowning them in a pan on the stove.  "Baked" potatoes in the microwave were super and fast.  Lots of things to use it for.  I still use it, but with just the two of us most of the time, not as much.
 
~~~~~
 
Pretty ingenious.  We were driving down the road and passed a guy wheeling a port-a-crib down the sidewalk.  I thought, okay.  He's watching the little one and had something to do.  Not so.  When we got closer, the crib was filled with his laundry. 
 
~~~~~
 
Never noticed that before.  Hmm.  We pulled up to the post office and there was a sign in the lawn.  "Evacuation assembly area" for customers.  Hmm.
 
~~~~~
 
Really got a lot done on the basement today.  All the canned goods are moved onto the metal shelving.  The boxed and bagged, etc. is ready for the shelves I'm hoping Cliff gets together tomorrow.  All the non-food has been moved into the sitting area.  And...you can't sit!  lol  Soon.  Very soon. 
 
I found a few more things to get rid of too.  Put away all the games we brought home from camp.  Most.  Poop!  I forgot about the ones in the closet!  POOP!  Tomorrow.  I want all the games in the cabinets when you first come down the stairs.  Except card games.  Those are in the big drawer on the fireplace unit.  And the poker chips, card shuffler, holders, divided canasta dealie, etc.  Sifted through all the party stuff.  I haven't saved a whole lot.  So much had gotten fully used up and was tossed.  I do have the luau stuff and some flowery center piece thingies.  And a box of tableclothes and a box of napkins.  All kinds! 
 
While I was down there, I got the laundry done.  We did steak, loaded mashed potatoes and corn and peppers for dinner.  Also have corned beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, celery in the crock pots (yes with an s) that I'll turn on in about an hour.  I'm cooking it on low all night.  Mmmm.  The smell will be so good!  I know.  Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day.  But I didn't shop until yesterday and didn't get it ready to cook early enough for it today.  So.  Tomorrow we'll pretend it's the 17th while I do the bills and hope to find a pot of gold.
 
Hugs...
 
~~Mama Sage

7 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your blogs!!! I also have so much to reorganize and purge too and you are doing so well with that chore, I need to get going at this part of my life.....Sounds like you are getting more names for the reunion and hope it continues. Hope you have help planning it all .... btw, what date is it planned for? Jane from SW Ohio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jane. I'm the extra gal on the committee. The kids in charge do a great job. I offered to hunt because I've done it successfully before for other groups. Got my phone list ready and will be making more calls probably by Thursday. It's really a lot of fun!

      Delete
  2. I too have been following American Idol. My favorite continues to be Phillip. I have voted several times, mostly for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About a year ago, I set out to reconnect with old schoolmates. I knew a few were on Facebook, so I set up a group on Facebook and invited them. Then I asked them to invite any classmates they had on their friend lists. I came from a small town. My graduating class (1965) was only 62 kids and many are already gone, so I set it up for our high school for anyone who went to school there in the 1960's. When I found out so many of my classmates were gone, I set up a Memorial Page on a Doc. My remaining classmates and classes who graduated after me helped by giving me names of people who died. I researched birth/death dates and included dates as well. If we knew how they died, we included that too. In the past year, we have added each one who we learned had passed. Another thing we do is post old pictures and stroll down memory lane as different ones recall things from school. It has been wonderful to reconnect with all these people after all these years. So...think about starting a facebook group and begin sharing what each other knows... I promise you, you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do have a page on here. Kids haven't flocked to it but they have slowly come along. I've been going kid to kid to kid and am finding so many. We got back several and I've already found new addresses for many and have sent them out a second time. So far, none of those have come back. I still have others I expect will eventually come back and will need forwarded to new addresses.

    The realization that so many have died is still shocking me. I can't believe how many. We had over 300 kids in the class so I imagine percentage-wise it's not as many as it feels like. Some though, were such a shock!

    Thanks for the advice. And you're right. I do love it. It's a good thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete