Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Friday, March 30, 2012

Here I am! Did you miss me? lol

Once again I find myself wanting to apologize for not blogging.  I guess I don't have to any more though.  You that read my blog...regularly (???)...know that I'm here when I can be.  I still miss my daily blogging and am hoping that somehow my life and my body will cooperate one day in the future to be back to it. 
 
Unfortunately this isn't the only adventure in my life that's at a standstill.  And some aren't real convenient!  Take my basement.  Oh PLEASE take my basement!!  lol  I had all good intentions and have actually made a lot of progress, just not all I'd wanted to.  We started out really great!  I unloaded all the non-food things into the livingroom area of the basement.  The unwrecked rec is now the wrecked rec.  Then we put up the new shelving units next to the one we had, metal shelving that is capable of holding great weight.  I took all the canned, boxed and bagged pantry stuff and organized it and loaded it on the shelving.  We even made space for the microwave we keep down there on one of the shelves.
 
The next supposed task was to take all the kitchenware and partyware and condense it to fit into the old pantry shelving.  It's doored and I thought that would be a perfect way to keep it all handy.  Well it didn't work.  Just the items I'd shoved into the living area were too many.  I did put all my cake, cookie and candy making supplies in there.  I've got the punch bowls securely up on the tippy top shelf.  The cupcake stands are safe now.  And all the tablecloths, napkins, etc. are in where they'll stay cleaner.  I bagged or jarred the plastic cutlery.  Big jars of knives, forks and spoons.  Excess went into zippy bags and is stored in a "drawer" under the metal shelving.  But now I'm at a standstill.  I think we need one more of the new shelves and I'll dispose of another not real handy cupboard unit.  It's going to be hard to get rid of some of that Tupperware, but I think it may be time.  I'm going to keep all the party servers, cake and pie takers and all my modular mates.  Most everything else will likely go.  So sad.  I'm still a Tupperware lady at heart.  You don't sell it for as long as I did and not have it become a part of you.  I took it to heart when I told people that there are just a few things they needed to know about Tupperware.  And one of those was you should put it in your will.  lol
 
I still do have the plan going, it's just moving quite slow.  Once I get through all that stuff and crush the relationship between me and my crisp-its, I'll be well on my way to the next phase of the rooms down there.  The plastic shelving all the Tupperware was on will go away.  We'll put something as a riser of sorts to keep things off the actual cement floor and I'll be stacking Christmas totes where those shelves will have once stood.  Not before going through them, of course. 
 
Now breaking up with my Tupperware family will be hard enough!  I don't even want to think too much about going through all my Christmas stuff.  It's not a love / hate thing with me.  It's a love thing period.  Every thing I have has meaning.  To get rid of any of it will be like tearing off an arm.  But it's a must.  This is a big house but it's not big enough for all we have in it.  Time to thin down.
 
After I see the areas all clean and clear, I'm hoping that someone will have the heart to put down my red carpet.  We bought it over a year ago and I'm really, really wanting it in.  The stair carpet MUST be replaced.  The room just needs to be.  Badly!  And the red will look so cool in my Coca Cola room!!
 
The kitchen is looking better every day.  I'm gaining counter space by making decisions.  Got rid of the knife holder.  It was a dirt grabber.  And my little grabby-kins was getting too close to wanting to grab those nice silver "toys!"  No catastrophes please.  Won't be long before the drawers will need drawer locks.  The cabinet locks have done great. 
 
I still haven't filed things.  ~~sigh~~  I hate it with a passion!  I do have it sorted and ready.  It's just the physical part needing done.  I've even got the shredding gathered.  I'll do that mindless task one day when I have nothing to do.  hahahahaha  Now when would THAT be??  Not to worry.  I have until either Tuesday or Wednesday to get it all done.  Tax man day.  I've got things in there needing to go see him and they must be gathered.
 
Food food food.  Eh.  Nothing real thrilling.  Tonight we had reubens.  I had leftover corned beef that I shredded and heated in a skillet.  When I went to the R Store today they didn't have any rye bread but they had dark wheat bread.  Good dark bread!  Pepperidge Farm.  We took two slices and laid them out.  Shredded corned beef on one; sauerkraut on the other.  Slathered them with some fat free thousand islands dressing and put a slice of swiss cheese on each.  Put them together and cooked them in the toaster oven until the brown bread was "browned."  Tasted pretty darn good!
 
I'm still doing some of the little tricky things I've made habits.  Like today we went to Lake Varsity Diner to meet Missy and her friend Shelly.  Shelly had her granddaughter and we had Melanie and Emmi with us.  I got the cheddar topped burger they serve with apple butter.  I took the burger without the bun.  I also had them do the applebutter on the side.  I only used half the amount I would have had if I'd gotten it on the burger.  I didn't miss the bun at all.  I did eat the fries but didn't get seconds.  Yes seconds.  They have bottomless couch potatoes.  lol 
 
I kind of do the same thing with salad dressing.  I get it on the side and eat it weird.  I dip my fork into the dressing and THEN I grab a bite.  That little bit that sticks to the fork gives it plenty of flavor.  Again, I generally use half of what I'm given.  Way less than if they blop some on the salad.
 
I'm extremely sore and tired tonight but I have to add the funny thing I saw the other day.  My granddaughter Kennedy and I were headed to the bank and store.  Across the street we see one of THE ....  Well it was a butt.  And plasted across that butt were the letters P E A C E.  Now I'm sorry, but if my child E VER tried to walk out advertising peace OR piece, I'd have to lasso them back in and make them change!! 
 
Well enough for tonight.  I'm heading into the bedroom to get my aching body in a reclining position.  I hurt so bad I can't stand it.  Until next time..
 
~~Mama Sage

2 comments:

  1. I'm catching up with you...LOL. I have allowed myself to get really behind in reading blogs, some of which will never get read, but there's a handful of friends who I DO want to catch up on. I deleted approx 500 unread blogs from my reader over the past few days. I saved yours and a few others. I hope I can get to them all before my Google reader gets to overflowing and life gets in the way again...

    With explanations out of the way....lol... I too have been in an EXTREME organizational mood lately. I have made a list of small tasks that I can do in a relatively short time and I am tackling one thing from my list a day. I started last week and am pleased with the progress so far. The biggest problem I have is PAPER... I have bills I paid 20 years ago. Yes!! No kidding... Yesterday, I sorted paper I saved in 2 plastic shoebox size containers. Most of it went in the garbage. Some went into the shred pile. I have a small shredder that SAYS will shred up to 10 pages at a time. All I have to say to that is "HA!!!" It will bind on 4 pages! No wonder they were on sale... When I worked, I could take a bag to work now and then to shred in the big shredder at work. I should have taken more while I was still working. A saner person would have done that...

    I always enjoy your blogs. I thinned out my Google reader considerably so that I can find the blogs I really want to read. That should help...

    I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are continuing to purge and organize. We set a date for the garage sale, which I still hate doing, but...necessary. We have a month to get it done to where there is a good amount for the sale.

    ReplyDelete