Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Monday, October 3, 2011

It's me again

I've got some catching up to do.  I will have to tell you that the knee injection has officially worn off and I've had to really take it so much easier the last week or two.  Back to YOUCH often.  I do see the doctor for that on Wednesday so we'll see what's next.  I hate having to take the pain meds.  They make me so sleepy.  Can't take them when I have Emmi so I suffer through and try just taking excederin.  Helps some but generally not enough.
 
I've got some notes from a few of the days since my last blog.  Don't know if that will help me get going on this or not, but I am hoping.  And I am hoping that I can get some things done around here while I do this.  I'm watching Dancing With the Stars, blogging and cleaning all at once.  We shall see what happens I guess.
 
~~~~~
 
Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it.  The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use. 
~~Earl Nightingale
 
~~~~~ 
 
Well I found out poached eggs and slim bagels doesn't do me good on the sugar.  Strange.  I take metformin with that meal too.  My sugar was wacked out both times I tried it.  Funny to me that eating blueberry shredded wheat and skim milk was better.  And it doesn't matter if I have light juice or regular juice, the result is the same. 
 
I'm doing a little experimenting with when to take it and when to do meals.  For the time being, I've decided that sometime 10 or 11ish is good for breakfast, about 4PM for lunch and then supper anywhere between 8 and 10.  I take the metformin always with the breakfast and supper meals.  I'm taking my sugar 2 hours after a meal, varying which meal for now. 
 
Took me a while to learn to use this silly little machine.  I get all thumbs and that's not good when it takes fingers to do the test!  lol  I've learned that your index finger is not a smart one to use.  And I've learned that you have to hold the thing close or you have to do the jabbing more than once.
 
~~~~~
 
Emmi has become Mimi's little helper.  She likes that little broom we got from the broom maker on our vacation.  Just her size.  I only thought it would be decoration but hey.  If someone wants to help with the chores?  I'll let 'em!  lol
 
~~~~~
 
Cliff got the gate made for the deck.  We'd been using two sections of the yard gates we have.  It worked but didn't look real good.  This one will match the lattice under the deck once it's on.  I'm hoping that gets put on fairly soon too.  I hear critters under there.  I'm afraid some animal is going to nest under there and have babies!  Nooooo!  Go into the woods ye creatures!  Join whomever it is that put a mattress and five gallon water jug out there! 
 
Yes.  I'm serious.  Someone has put a mattress there and I'm afraid they might be living there!  I don't like that one bit but don't know who to call.  I don't see a person, so how do I report a vagrant when there's no person?  Probably there late at night or something.  Just hoping whoever it is doesn't get the idea to move into one of the empty houses!!
 
~~~~~
 
I've been working hard on the Browns scarves.  I think I've got 15 made now.  I've got at least three more of the ones like this and then some other projects to get done.  We want to have a load of them to sell at the Browns vs Rams game in November.  Should be a cold sit and folks should want them.  I always give a big portion of the proceeds to the Browns backers group that Rusty, Kris and Cliff belong to for their charities.
 
I've got three totes full of other ones I've done that need to be put somewhere and sold.  It's going to take me some time to get it listed, but it's a must.  I can't be making them just for fun.  lol  Well it IS fun, but still. 
 
You're right.  When I started doing these, I hated knitting.  It's still not my most enjoyed craft, but I have learned to at least like it.  I'd prefer to cross stitch or scrapbook.  One day I'll get back to those too!  I will!  Yes I will!  (I have to keep telling myself that.  But if you need any cross stitch patterns, look me up.  I might just have it.)
 
~~~~~
 
I've finally sorted through all the baby clothes I had here.  Still have to go through the tote we had out at camp.  I took out all the things that are 12 months or smaller.  Most that were a little bigger and might fit Emmi were summer so nope.  It's not summer any more.  Short sleeves maybe but nothing sleeveless.
 
I found enough clothes that are bigger sizes that she should be outfitted here for winter.  I don't keep a full wardrobe of course, but all the years I've watched any kids I kept extra clothes around.  Kids don't always stay real clean.  :-)  I don't have a warm winter coat or socks and shoes, but she shouldn't need those from my end.
 
~~~~~
 
Did I tell you I made a million tuna egg foo yong patties?  Well not quite a million, but a LOT!  I had a #10 cam of bean sprouts downstairs and thought why not?  It's such an easy thing to do.
 
Tuna Egg Foo Yong
    #10 can of sprouts, drained
    large onion, chopped
    2 cans of tuna, drained
    1 doz. eggs
    flour to keep it from being real runny.  Don't overdo it.
 
Then I got out my griddle and slopped on some olive oil and fried them up 8 at a time.  I froze two bags, we ate some, and some went into the frig for lunches for the week. 
 
~~~~~
 
Our first load of things from camp got put away.  But now there is a second downstairs.  I'm afraid to look!  And there will be more.  We're going to get rid of both campers if we can sell them so we're completely emptying them if we can get it done by the end of the month.  Hoping...  A sign will go in the windows this weekend.  It's sad, but honestly I think we'll enjoy the vacation deal more.  It's a little hard on us to keep up with things now.  The ol' body she ain't what she used to be.
 
So who's interested?  Need a nice camper on a terrific lot in a great campgrounds?  Have one.  Need a cheap ol' camper for maybe a hunting camper?  Got one of those too.  Let me know if you know anyone interested. 
 
Cliff is also considering selling his motorcycle come spring.  And we have a project Harley golf cart in pieces we'd get rid of cheap.  Oh yes.  And a pop up camper that needs to be titled I think.  And I still have the piano, the organ and a changing table.  What else are you looking for?  We just might have it!!  lol
 
~~~~~
 
Well tomorrow should be interesting.  Cliff and I are both having an echocardiagram done and I'm getting a heart halter for 48 hours.  Just two in a dozen doctor visits we've got coming up.  I guess I'm glad this gal we're seeing is staying on top of things, but MAN I didn't know I was falling apart THIS bad!  I'll keep you all posted.
 
And I'm going to put this in print so I will do it.  I'm going to call and talk to the gal in finance for the gastric bypass doctor Rusty saw to make sure that they do take our new insurance.  IF they do, then I'll be scheduling to see the doctor and begin the process.  This whole diabetes thing is what finally tipped the scale for me.  I want to live.  Simple and straight.  I want to live.
 
~~~~~
 
So Mama Sage is out of here for now.  I'm going to sit and knit a bit while I wait for the ;pineapple date nut bran bread to be done.  I'm making two of all the things I'm doing to have things in the freezer for "those" days I know will come.  Night all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment