Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Sunday, September 25, 2011

This is the week that was

And the weekend that wasn't. 
 
~~~~~

We had one of those rare occasions one day when Cliff and I had a little bit of time with just us and no one else in the house.  When I came downstairs, he wasn't home yet, but it wasn't too long before he got there.  We didn't have Emmi.  Her other gramma was watching her because we had doctors appointments.  We were actually able to sit and carry on a bit of a real conversation! 
 
The doctor's appointment wasn't my favorite activity of the week.  Lots of news I just wasn't ready for.  Cliff had seen her on Friday last week for his pre-surgery appointment to get the okay of the PCP.  And he didn't get it.  He has to see a cardiologist tomorrow, Monday, because they did and EKG on him and it wasn't great.  When I asked for clarification while we were there she said that he has multiple risk factors and some things that were a little off in the EKG so she wasn't clearing him until he has an okay from a cardiologist.
 
Then she did his sugar and went over his record book.
 
Next, she decided to do me.  And it was high.  Soooo now I too am classified as pre-diabetic and am on medication and sticking myself every day.  Super.
 
Next, we talked about my knee.  It was doing better after the injection and I have an appointment in a couple weeks to see the ortho again.  Then we'll discuss using gel.  And I need to ask her about my back and my hip.  I'll be needing xrays for that.  And then will likely get referred to someone else for those two things.
 
And then my belly.  It is not whatever everyone has told me, it's a cyst and needs to be removed.  So I'll be seeing a surgeon for that.
 
And then I asked about the symptoms I have of sjogrens and asked if we should rule that out.  So I'll be seeing a rheumatologist for that. 
 
And she also wants me to have an echocardiagram and wear a halter for 48 hours because of palpitations.
 
And I told her I'm wanting to go ahead with weight loss surgery.  They wanted to refer me to the person one of our friends went to that I was completely disgusted with.  I want to see the person Rusty saw.  So I'll be making the calls to see if that's possible. 
 
I'm sick.  I'm tired.  I'm sick of being sick and tired.  I hope that somehow, some way things work out and I can lose the weight and let the person trapped within come out and live.
 
~~~~~
 
Meals this week were hard.  I know I have to watch closer what I'm eating and I'm really trying to change things up.  I changed up Bisquick's impossible brunch pie a little.  First I sprayed two pie plates with cooking spray.  Next I cut up enough fresh broccoli to cover both pans, then I added some sweet red and yellow peppers, added onion, and added zucchini.  Next I mixed 2 c. low fat sour cream with about 2 c. low fat cottage cheese, 1 cup reduced fat bisquick, 1/2 c. melted salted butter, 4 eggs. When it was mixed good, I spread it on top of the veggies.  Then I sliced a tomato, putting 4 slices on each pie and  sprinkled grated romano cheese on top.

~~~~~

Now THIS quote needs to be read. Then read it again. Now digest it. And
then read it one more time slowly.

                                        We labor to make a house a home,
then every time we're expecting visitors,
we rush to turn it back into a house.
~~Robert Brault
~~~~~
Also did a pot of chili this week.  I cooked the beans overnight then in the morning, drained off the liquid and added tomato sauce and some salsa that wasn't getting eaten.  Later on, I added onions, peppers, meat and spices.  I never measure and always do it different but generally it tastes pretty good.
 
~~~~~
 
We do have chicken veggie soup we've been eating too.  Sort of ignoring the hot chicken casserole.  Rice.  And not brown rice.  I wouldn't feel so guilty eating some of it if I'd made it with brown rice.  At least it would be a more complex carb.
 
~~~~~
 
Friday   Emmi said the longest sentence I've ever heard from her.  "Nelly! no touch nuggle blankie!"  We were getting ready to sit and snuggle and when she got down to get her blanket, the dog was next to it.  lol  Funny Emmi.  I love it.
 
~~~~~
 
Another meal was salad.    And I learned I don't like goat cheese on salad.
    romaine
    zucchini, no seeds (it was a big one and the seeds were hard)
    carrots
    mixed color sweet peppers
    scallions
    broccoli
    mushrooms
    eggs
    grapes
    croutons
    bacon
    goat cheese
    fat free California french
 
~~~~~
 
And so that's the week that was.  Sort of.  I had lots of other notes, but I'm not in a mood to write it right now.  So.....DELETE!  gone.  And some are glad because some of what was in there?  Well let's just say not writing what's been on my mind is probably a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. not writing what was on your mind? Now that's a good way to keep your readers in suspense? What was Mama gonna write about?
    Hope you are feeling better soon both you and your hubby...

    ReplyDelete