Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Thursday, September 15, 2011

It's not Wednesday anymore but, it's a Wednesday blog

I told myself I'd do this every night again. I do want to. I just got out of the habit. So here I am at almost 4 in the morning writing my blog! And I do have to be up for Emmi in the morning. Not quite as early tomorrow, but still, morning is morning and it's almost here!!
 
 
This morning I had to be up at what is an early hour for me. I'm that night owl you heard stories about. NOW is perfect for me to be up and doing. When I have to get up early though I try to sleep early. Doesn't always work. Rarely does in fact. But anyhow, back to today.
 
 
I got up early knowing that it was about time for Emmi to get here. I was smelling my chicken bones a-cookin' away in the crockpot. Mmmmm such an awesome smell. When I got downstairs I turned it off and let the dog out.
 
 
If you haven't learned to crock through the night or while you're at work, you're missing out. It's a great way to get a good, good meal going when you can't slave over a hot stove. Especially during times I know my sleep will be short, I try to crock the next day's meal. When I don't get enough sleep, I ache ache ache. Can't describe how bad it is. Right now, because I'm off my body's rhythm, even my wrists and shoulders and upper arms hurt. And across the middle of my shoulder blades and my face. Don't laugh. The same tissues and connective gloop are in my face that are in the rest of my body. It can hurt. And it does.
 
 
When I got done with the little routine things and turned off the crock pot, I went through the livingroom turning all the toys on. Mimi doesn't mind noisemakers and musicmakers so we have LOTS! And of course they all have buttons to turn on and off and batteries. sigh
 
 
I decided to knit a bit while I waited. Still working on the Browns scarves. And Penny and Kelley and a few others out there, I do still hope to have the others online and ready to go this weekend. I know some of you Christmas shop this early and have been poked in the side to get a hitch in my get-along. Okay. I'm listening. Any particular color preferences? I have three totes full.
 
 
When Emmi got there, Nelly was so excited to see her. She jumped up to give her a kiss and knocked her on her butt. I hollered BAD GIRL! Meaning the dog, of course. Then I tried to console Emmi and she's hollering at me and pointing and telling me NO! Rusty said she thought I was telling her SHE was a bad girl. lol Took me quite a while to convince her it was Nelly who was bad and that she was good. Gotta watch what you say when little ones are abound.
 
 
When Cliff got back from the early part of his run (second job) Emmi and I packed up and road along with him a while. We had some things that we'd forgotten to give Missy the day before and decided to find her and run them to her.
 
 
After we were done with that, we stopped in at Wendy's, I was craving meat so I concentrated on that. Ten french fries and my burger. With cheese. And veggies. Lots.
 
 
We came back home, Cliff went up to sleep and I played with Emmi until Cait got here. She got here a little early today. You never know.
 
 
We visited a while and then after they left, I finished up the soup. I strained the bones from juice, picked the meat from bones, and added lots of veggies. Yellow squash, onion, sweet red pepper, carrots, mushrooms, baby green limas, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, and peas. Then, to enhance the flavor some, I added some garlic, a little chicken soup base, and pepper. It was set to cook slow through the evening and set to auto until tomorrow. We'll have it for lunch with garlic bread. Maybe garlic cheese bread.
 
 
I know. I'd planned it for today's supper. It's going to take a little time to get into the swing of a working schedule with Cliff doing both these jobs and our changing schedule with Em. But I will. Somehow.
Next I cleaned the frig. I needed room for the soup. And while there, I decided to go ahead and pack Cliff's lunch a little early. Wouldn't hurt.
 
 
The rest of the evening, I knit and caught up on shows, cleaned up the toys and planned menus and to-do's for the rest of the week and weekend.
 
 
I was glad for the winner on America's Got Talent, but thought all four should have a show and a million bucks. I would have been happy with any of them as the grand prize winner.
 
 
After eating a couple egg rolls for my supper, and playing that addictive Angry Birds a little bit, I came upstairs and put away the towels. Then into the window with the fan, take my meds, blog this and then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 
 
night all :-)
 
 
Sorry no pictures or quotes. I'll get better. I promise

No comments:

Post a Comment