Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Today was a better day

After an evening of weirdness, I ended up craving meat.  I had cooked hamburger patties with cheese in the frig and as soon as meat hit my belly, I began to feel more normal.  I'm really thinking this is something diabetic and so the war is on.
I've been fat too long and it's time to really get myself healthier.  I want to live to see these grandkids and future grandkids walk the stage.  I want to see weddings of my kids and grandkids.  I want to celebrate not just our 40th anniversary (next May) but the 50th and 60th.  I want to L I V E !! 
And so.  I guess it's back to square one...again.  I'll have to get on this train whether I want to or not and if it doesn't seem like the train is going fast enough, I'll have to sit back, relax and be patient.  I NEED to lose weight.  It's not a want to, it's a NEED.
So back to my original reason for this blog.  This will be to help me through and make me accountable to myself.  I don't go for a group thing.  Nope.  Not for me.  If I can't do it for myself...I can't do it.  I do have my fitness pal on my phone and I can keep track of things for myself there with ease.  And now that I've had a shot in my knee, moving is a little easier.  I have a few other issues I'll need to address, and it will happen.
I see the doctor next Tuesday and I'm sure she'll have a lot to tell me.  I am trying to get brave enough to talk to her about weight loss surgery.  I did check the insurance to see if it's something covered and it is.  I see the results our son Rusty had and am enthused.  But I'm scared.  I'm scared TO do it and I'm scared not to.  Yes.  I can use all the personal stories out there from those of you who have done it with success.  And yes too, if you've not been successful. 
~~~~~
My balloons from my birthday, nearly three weeks ago are just now losing air.  Isn't that amazing?  Angel said she had some kind of stuff put into the latex ones to make them last longer.  It definitely worked!!  They've made me smile every time I look up at them.  Thanks!!
~~~~~
Last night, sick or not, I had to get the house ready to have little Emerson here.  We've begun bringing things home from camp and we'd just set them around the house.  I had bags with everything from diapers to a little food to kitchen items to cleaning products.  Some things were sharp and some poison so getting them out of reach of little hands was imperative.   
A little at a time, things always get done.  The only things not sorted and put away proper were the toys we brought home.  I just poured them in a pile.  Shoot.  By noon tomorrow they'll be that way anyhow!  lol 
We've made the decision to sell the campers.  I've got a lot of personal stuff in them that needs to come home so for the next month and a half, we'll be dropping in to load the van.  Next weekend I'm hoping to bring a trailer full home.  We have the grill and outdoor furniture for sure that's big.  There will also be totes and boxes of pots and pans and linens. 
In the case the one friend who is trying to buy our one does, I'll be leaving him enough to actually stay there.  I've got way too many kitchen things at home already.  BUT I had some things there that need to come home.  Can't get rid of it all. 
It is sad and it will be hard to actually let go of them, but we can still pay and go out to visit.  And we do still have until the end of October this year to enjoy it.  I loved it while it lasted but our new adventure will be even more fun. 

~~~~~
I talked to Missy this morning.  She said if we felt up to it, she'd like to do shopping with us today.  I talked with Cliff and he said he was good with it as long as he got home for some sleep fairly early. 
We started at BJ's.  She met us there.  For the first time, we put the girls in one of those car carts.  What fun!  It made me want to shrink small enough to jump in too.  lol  I got the goat cheese and feta I wanted for salads, some marked down roast turkey slices, dishwasher tablets, blueberries, carrots which had a buck and a half off coupon, annnnnd.....can't remember what else.
We stopped for food at Royal Buffet and the girls were a real hit.  It's a great place to take them since they both really like fruits and things.  Healthy eatin' for them.  Me?  Pretty good.  I did do four chunks of sesame chicken which is sweet, but for the most part I tried not to eat anything sugary.  I KNOW I have to start watching it.  We all five had water to drink.  The others ate dessert.  I was a good girl and didn't want it.
After we finished up, we went to Hartville to the R Grocery Outlet.  I got some deals there too.  8 pack of yogurt for 1.99, single ones of other flavors for a quarter, queso white velveeta (which I'd never heard of) for 3.99, non-aerosol air wick sprays for 1.39, cans of energy drink (for Corry) for 50 cents, power bars (for Rusty) for 25 cents, missed the mexi stuff they had a coupon for darn it.  It was for 1.00 free.  Got organic poptarts for 60 cents, and gatorade G2.  Six 20 oz. bottles for 2.69 and single quarts were .79.  I know there were other things too, but can't remember them all.  I forgot to take my empty detergent bottles.  I'd have liked to pick up more laundry soap.  A gallon of Tide end of run soap for under $6.  Not bad.
When we got back, the girls played for just a little bit.  It was fun watching them with my balloons.  You know those things were a really, really good gift.  My birthday was almost a month ago and they were enjoyed until they finally died this evening.  Even entertained the dog!  lol  Oh my.  Me and Nelly...sitting in my chair...picture it...calm...not thinkin' about anything in particular, just relaxing....BAM BAM BAM BAM!!  What the HECK???  Then I busted up laughing.  What sounded like someone shooting at us was the mylar balloons caught in the ceiling fan! 
~~~~~
WARNING!!  WARNING!!
Check all your bills carefully.  The kids' cell bill was ridiculous this month.  With a little investigation, they found they had reconnection fees that were not valid on their cell bill AND they charged it to each individual phone!
~~~~~
It was good to  be back with the babies today.  A book and snuggles and shape-o ball playing makes my day.
~~~~~
I'm excited!  I talked to my sister and she may make a couple trips here.  She's coming for sure in October and may do it again with my brother in November.  YAY!  We don't all get together as much now that Mom isn't alive.  We were used to seeing one another pretty often.  When Judy comes it will be for her birthday.  When Tom comes and maybe Judy too, it will be two months after his 70th birthday and we can celebrate with him too!
~~~~~
Rusty came to pick Emmi up and grab some of my canning supplies.  I love passing them on.  It's really special to me that the kids are into putting up their own food.  To have that skill be passed through the generations does my heart good.
After the house calmed down some, I finished putting away the things we got today.  It really wasn't a whole lot, but thankfully a lot of produce.  I think there will definitely be salads in the plans this week.
I packed Cliff's lunch...not anything fancy but what we had here.  Since I'm getting back to normal, hopefully they'll be a little more creative the rest of the week. 
I had told myself I wasn't sorting toys until Friday but I lied.  I wanted them put in order so when Em gets here tomorrow it wouldn't be all disorganized.  She plays better when there's order.  I decided I need box for baby things for CJ.  We brought back the things from camp and now there are lots more itty bitty baby toys. 
When I needed to make a trip downstairs for something, I took some things down.  Then I readied others and put them at the top of the steps to take down tomorrow. 
My last adventure for the day was to handle a meal beginning for tomorrow.  I got out the rotisserie chickens I found for 3.98, took off the big chunks of meat, crushed the bones and put them in the crockpot.  The time has come for soup!
And now I am ready to finish watching my shows and head to bed.  Early up tomorrow with Miss Em.  Hugs everyone.  See you next time.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment