Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Monday, September 19, 2011

When I'm quiet

When I'm quiet here?  Oh I'm probably too angry about something to write.  I don't like angry emotions.  I definitely don't like them spilling over into my blog.  It's not my style to rant like that.  Not like I feel like doing right now.  How can I sum it up?  Well let me just say that they system doesn't always work the way it should.  It is up to each individual IN the system to keep it running like it is meant to run.  When one...or three...don't?  Well that's when things begin to ge f'd up in a bad way.  And right now?  Ya.

I won't be blogging the last couple days for the most part because it would be totally inappropriate to do that.  So instead, let me just do some skipping around.  Right after I say DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA and when you involve my family??  And ME??  Ohhhh yes I"m mad.  But it isn't ME who flew into a rage!

People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing. 
~~Will Rogers

If you kick a stone in anger, you'll hurt your own foot. 
~~Korean Proverb

Before you give someone a piece of your mind,
make sure you can get by with what is left. 
~~Author Unknown

Consider how much more often you 
suffer from your anger and grief,
than from those very things
for which you are angry and grieved. 
~~Marcus Antonius
~~~~~

I'm still doing laundry!  ugh  You know I do just dread doing it, but I'm fine once it's all washed and dried.  I didn't mind when I had the washer and dryer in a hallway alcove in our mobile home before we moved into this house.  It wasn't in the way, it was convenient.  I didn't have to climb up and down the stairs with the laundry.  Even with all the kids there, I didn't mind the laundry.  Now...I mind.  sigh

I'm wanting to balance the checkbook and do bills.  There's not a rush or anything so I can wait.  I'm not procrastinating.  It's just easier with my little table.  And it has been borrowed.  I have a routine.  And when I can't follow it I feel all out of sorts. 

I had to give the girls a hand yesterday.  They came in and asked if I had white paper.  I said sure, then told them the many, many places and kinds I had.  When I went downstairs, they were cutting up little rectangles.  Quizzing them, I found out they were wanting to pass out their info for babysitting.  So...Mimi had business cards instead and sent them up to the attic to get them.  I had to tell them more than once that they needed permission from their parents before they gave out a phone number and that they should only give them to people right here who seem like okay people.  Permission permission permission.  I applaud their entrepeneurship, but had to toss out the stranger danger warnings at the same time.  Then they began to brainstorm...bake sale, sell old clothes and toys...so I asked what their urgency for cash was.  You'll never (said sarcastically) guess!  A cell phone.  yet another sigh

I have been under the impression our house and the neighbors were pretty much the same.  Guess not.  All three kids from next door were here yesterday and they kept telling me how much they liked this one.  Hmmm.

Yay, Browns! 
 
It was the day of the chicken casserole.  I fashioned it after my hot turkey casserole but used leftovers for the ingredients.  I started with
 
        leftover chicken and veggie teriyaki with squash and carrots, cut it in smaller pieces
        leftover rice, taken from the freezer
        celery, chopped
        onion, chopped
        water chestnuts, sliced but then chopped up too
        olive oil mayo with herbs
        2 cans cream of chicken soup
 
Then it was a stir it up and bake it at 350 until hot through.  It did turn out pretty good.  I liked it.  Cliff liked it.  Corry ate some.  Guess it passed for food.
 
Got my coupons done and the paper read.  A few minutes cutting and sorting can reap good rewards.
 
When the girls went up to the craft room with me for something, Justice's eyes were about bugging out.  I don't think she'd seen quite a....collection.  Talked to them about making scarecrows hopefully next weekend.  I hope I hope.  It's time to decorate for fall.  I don't know what else I have to make, but I'm sure something will come up.
 
I found them!  Orange totes!  Yep.  Orange.  For the Browns' scarves I'm making.  Hurray!  I need to go get a few.
 
Look what Cliff saw when he got home yesterday!  This is across the street directly in front of our house.
 
 

Guess there were three.  He had a hard time getting a picture fast enough.  Last year we had four.  Wonder if number 4 is still around?

And on that note, my deers :-)  I'm outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment