Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Everyone just blows it once in a while

And today it was me.  But today was an unusual day.  Most of it seemed to be in the car.  And that is enough to drive anyone 'round the twist!
 
The day started out pretty normal I suppose.  But even though I had rested all night, I hadn't gotten good sleep.  When I took Kennedy home yesterday, we listed to music.  And all night long, the songs were going round and round my head.  Every single time I woke up, turned over, or whatever, one of them was a-sing-songin' through my brain.  Ahhhhhh!!  lol
 
Breakfast was the last of the breakfast tacos.  Just one, pretty small and only cheese on top.
 
Missy came by so we could take her to her doctor's appointment today.  She needed a driver.  The girls get so excited to see each other.  I love it.  These two will be tight friends all their life.  Before we left, they chose a movie for in the van.  Tinkerbell.  Or STINKERbell as Emmi says. 
 
It's a good movie.  I like it.  The first time through, it was cute.  The second time a little less cute.  And by the THIRD time...it was downright annoying!  But it was today's favorite.  Generally Tangled gets that distinction.  Emmi is a huge Tangled fan.  So much so, she starts quoting even the non-important dialog. 
 
Missy's appointment went a bit longer than expected.  Actually quite a bit.  By the time she was done we were all pretty hungry.  Five Guys.  Hadn't been there in a long time.  I like it because I can get the burger and toss the bun and still have a lot to eat.  If you do it right, it's like a salad and meat!  All the veggies, the burger and no bun or condiments.  Winner every time.  But I did blow it.  I had WAY more than my ten fries!  That's fine.  I would deal.  I hadn't done too bad for the day.
 
But then I really blew it.  I drank pop!  How could I resist?  I was actually tempted to just stand there doing tastings!  What an awesome machine they have. 
 
I guess you'll have to turn on your side to see this.  I've done it three times.  Redownloaded it.  Cropped and resaved it.  The thing still wants to lay down! 
 
142 flavors!  So many it's NUTS!  I settled on two and liked them both very much.  Orange coke and grape fanta.  Yes.  ORANGE coke.  I actually liked that one a lot!  They also had lots of "zero" flavors, lots of "light" varieties, fruited waters, If you can imagine it, it was probably on that machine. 
 
Tonight was the monthly get together for people in Cliff's class.  We started out at the Tavern at Twin Lakes. Formerly not nearly as fancy and known as Twin Lakes Tavern.  The number of Audi and BMW was way less back then!  There were problems with getting seated so we decided to go to their standby place, Diggers.  Not nearly so pricey and way more laid back.  I got mesquite bbq chicken rolled quesadillas.  Um.  They were chicken taquitos!  lol  But they were good, inexpensive and hit the spot.  We weren't that hungry.  I'd have gotten a salad like Cliff did, but it was pretty much a chore chewing the "salad" I'd gotten with my burger at Five Guys.  We didn't want to spend much because we'd already eaten the burger earlier. 
 
It is great to have friends when one is young,
but indeed it is still more so when you are getting old. When we are young,
friends are like everything else a matter of course.
In the old days
we know what it means to have them.
~~Edvard Grieg
 
And now I'm bushed.  And we have both girls and maybe CJ a while tomorrow too.  I need to take my meds and relax.  And hopefully NO songs will run through my head tonight!
 
Tomorrow I hope to continue my one step at a time projects.  1. super cleaning rooms, 2. purging ... ANYTHING!  3. finishing up the files.  I seem to be gaining energy as I drop pounds.  That's a good thing.  Maybe one day the house WILL be in order!  Now that would be a miracle, wouldn't it?
 
I'll be back tomorrow.  Let's hope it's a little more interesting!  lol
 
Love and hugs,
~~Mama Sage
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Such a joy to read your blogs again. I'm trying to do the same thing too -- one day at a time. You are so wonderfully wise. Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom and your enthusiasm. ~barb k~

    ReplyDelete