Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Monday, September 3, 2012

The day is over??

I've still got ants in my pants!  I still feel like there's so much to get done!  OH NO!
The morning started out with me having to fill up my meds container.  You know you're old when you do two weeks worth of medication in those daily dose containers.  I also have two weeks backups of just the meds and none of the supplements.  I try to keep a month's worth done up "just in case."  Just in case what?  I'm not sure.  I know that if we would get called somewhere and have to leave quickly and stay a few days, I've got it!  I also carry an older C-Pap with me in the van at all times.  I was a girl scout.  I'm prepared.  What else can I say?  lol
Kennedy started breakfast this morning.  She made up some scrambled eggs with peppers.  Smelled so good.  There wasn't enough left for all of us, so I cooked up some sausage and onions with it, added a few more eggs and we had tacos.  With cheese and salsa for good measure.  Should have added sour cream too but I didn't think about it.
After I picked up from breakfast, I started getting things ready for our stir fry supper.  We had a lot going on and I wanted to be able to walk in the door and start cooking when we got home from our running.
Soon as we got organized and had visited with Corry a little bit, we headed out to pick up Missy.  She wanted to go with us to my mother-in-law's.  She had leftover ice cream cake from Mike's birthday and some brownies to share with Gramma Sage.
After picking her and Melanie up we started towards Streetsboro.  We had to drop off some party things a friend of mine was borrowing for her daughter's baby shower.  We live about 30 minutes apart but she's close to Cliff's mom, so since we were out that way, I dropped them off.  LOVE her home, by the way.  Gorgeous oak interior.  Love, love, love it. 
Mom Sage really enjoyed her "treat" even though hers was a small piece.  We all know if we don't treat her now and again, she'll just make her own sugary goodies.  And sure enough, when Missy went into the kitchen to divide up what she'd brought, she found a pan of brownies Mom had made on the counter.  What I found was a little more...shocking?  lol  To her, it was perfect.  To me?  Disgusting!  She wanted to make really good pie crust and she had out a block of lard!  ewwwww!  Whatever she wants to do is fine though.  She's 90.  She should be allowed to live her life the way she wants.  
While we were there, I used the scanner on my phone, cam scan, to copy an article about our nephew.  His girlfriend saved his life, quite literally, recently.  They were eating at a restaurant, he had wings, and he started choking.  He used the choking sign and his girlfriend recognized he was in trouble.  She jumped to action, grabbed him and did the Heimlich maneuver on him.  Thank goodness her mom had taught her how.  And thank goodness she hadn't been a typical teen and she'd actually listened!!  He was 90 pounds bigger than her and she did just fine!  They still had to transport him to the hospital, but in the end, he's alive and well thanks to her.
Our trip home included a stop at the local Walgreen's, then dropping Missy and the baby off at home.  We were hungry but were good and didn't stop for any food.  I had that stir fry waiting to be made.  Lots of fresh veggies and marinated chicken.
~~~~~
TODAY'S STIR FRY
    chicken, drizzled a fresh squeezed lime over it
    zucchini
    yellow squash
    yellow and red sweet peppers
    bell pepper
    carrots
    mushrooms
    celery
    broccoli
I did one veggie addition at a time.  The pan had a dose of olive oil in the bottom and about halfway through, I put a couple slugs of soy sauce in.  We had teriyaki noodles from a package I got at Aldi's.  It was actually very good.  The sodium content wasn't good, but not too bad.  And the taste?  Fantastic!  If I could find a really good sauce recipe, or make one up, I'd do my own though with broken spaghetti for the noodles.
~~~~~
I was needing to clean up the kitchen, but wanted a little break.  I decided to get the table area ready to do my mending tomorrow.  I hope tomorrow.  I started out getting down on the floor and making some changes.  I had a big basket that had old music albums in it.  I took them out and moved them and also moved the music recorders and song books.  Those actually should go down the basement to my wreck of a rec room, but later.  Not today.  The basket then became my new home for the kids' puzzles.  Then I went through all the mending projects to see just what I have to do.  I moved my sewing machine into place.  I'll need to get my other sewing box out probably but for now, it's good. 
Once I had that done, I figured since I was on the floor, I'd start some of the "real" filing.  I started at the back of the double file drawer and did the left side up through "M."  That's enough.  I'm under no time restraint and every step toward the goal is great. 
Next came the kitchen clean-up.  Empty the clean dishes, load the dirty, clean what doesn't go in the dishwasher, clean the counter...  Normal drill. 
I went into the freezer and got out meats out for tomorrow.  One will actually be for a meal on Tuesday or Wednesday.  It's one of my multi-day make its. 
 When I walked through the livingroom, I remembered my one fall decoration that's stored in the house and not in totes in the garage.  My partylite candle holder with the magnetic seasonal sides.  I put it on the table/dresser and added the fall leaf sides to it.  I guess I should change the candle from rose to something more fall-ish.  But not today.  Today, I like rose. 
Did I mention I did get the coupons all purged, sorted and filed last night?  I thought I'd have new ones to file today, but for some reason there were no coupon flyers in today's paper.  Odd.
Remind me to put the little bow on the monkey's tail of Emmi's birth sampler.  I have all three for the littlest ones done now except for that bow.  Now I need to start gathering info for the other's I want to get done for Christmas.
I've been busy in between things working on a trip we intend to take in a couple months.  Another free stay.  This time in Pigeon Forge.  I love it there and think fall will be totally wonderful to be in the Smokies.  I can't wait!  I'm spending time now looking for free, big savings, etc.  My goal is to make it a very cheap trip.
 
I needed have something sweet so I made up some tapioca and some cherry jello.  Not the best stuff for you I guess, but not bad.  I could have used soy milk, but I did use skim.  One time I did use soy and it was fine. 
~~~~~
HEY FRIENDS!  I found another fun website!  A crafty site.  craftgawker  Check it out.  A little slower to move than pinterest but it had lots of ideas I hadn't seen anywhere.
~~~~~
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- Winston Churchill
~~~~~
Ta-ta for now....
Hugs,
~~Mama Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment