Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Sunday, September 9, 2012

I just want to stay awake until the pizza gets here

And I'm finding it hard to do!  I only got a few short hours of sleep last night and then I kept doing and doing and doing today.  Wore myself out!
 
Cliff saved the day today.  I was having a bit of a problem deciding what I wanted for breakfast and he decided on bagels with strawberry cream cheese.  Hit. The.  Spot.
 
As I'm eating those, I decide to make some snack chips.  I had four soft pretzels that no one was eating and thought drying them with some seasoning might keep them from being wasted.  They turned out very good!  I mixed up the seasoning for chex mix to give them a flavor everyone would like.  Then I cut off the knots of the pretzels and put them in Cliff's lunchbox for a work snack tomorrow night.  The straight pieces were then sliced about a quarter of an inch thick, stirred good with the seasoning and baked at 250 degrees until they began to dry out.  And are they ever good!  Yummy!
 
My next chore was a day long chore.  I had purged the meat freezer and needed to do the same with the fruit and veggie freezer.  Just unloading it was a job!  Then we turned it off and set the fan in front of it to defrost it.  While it was defrosting, I cleaned the door shelves on both freezers.  Very little was tossed out.  I did find some fish that was way beyond a useful status and trashed that.  The rest was just sorted and readied to go back in.  Once it was defrosted and cleaned, I reorganized the things in it and loaded it up. 
 
And whoa boy did I get myself into a big job!  I had picked up some chubs of lunchmeats and cheese when I found them super cheap.  Froze them.  Well I thawed them back out enough to slice ALL THE SAME DAY!  So I also sliced up 10# of chip chop ham, 10# of honey baked ham, 10# of smoked turkey and 5# of Lorraine cheese.  Yes.  My arms hurt!  But it's done and now we have lunch meat on the top shelf of the meat freezer (yes I refreeze and it's always been fine) that will last a long time.  The chip chop was purchased for a dollar a pound, the others about 2 dollars and the cheese was 2 dollars a pound too.  That's a REAL savings in my book!
 
Lunch today was the bean soup I made yesterday and some sweet corn bread.  Jiffy mix.  The only way to fly.  I found a recipe fake for Jiffy corn bread mix but haven't tried it yet.  When I saw it I thought it was nuts.  Jiffy mix is so cheap.  But when I saw how cheap to make the fake I copied the recipe down for future reference.  After the two boxes I have are gone.
 
We went up to Cliff's mom's to take her meds to her and I surprised her with the cookies I made yesterday, some of the bean soup and some corn bread.  I was going to put it in the frig for her and she said she hadn't eaten and it sounded good to her.  That was good.  I know she'll eat now.
 
While there, I grabbed a couple big bags of clothes that she had and wasn't using that were my mom's.  I've got some projects to tackle and I need them.  What I don't use I'll be donating.  Soon.  We're trying to keep on purging and donating.
 
Once we were home, I readied three bags of things for donation.  Keep purging.  Keep purging.  And it never looks like anything is missing!!!
 
Next job was to put the dishes away.  That didn't take long at all.  And now I'm whooped!  So dinner shall be pizza!
 
I didn't get the filing finished or the mending done.  But they're on my list.  There's always tomorrow.  Right?
 
~~~~~
 
“When your mother asks,
"Do you want a piece of advice?"
it's a mere formality.
It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no.
You're going to get it anyway.”
~~Erma Bombeck
 
~~~~~
 
Hugs!!
 
~~Mama Sage
 

No comments:

Post a Comment