Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Well I'm a little disappointed

I actually LOVE a good variety show.  I was brought up on them.  I spent many a night and many a day on the footstool in front of my dad's chair watching singing, dancing, comedy spots and the like.  I just love all that stuff.  But shouldn't a variety show be billed as just that and not as a show seeking out unfound talent?  Shouldn't they say that they are looking for a top act period and not let it come across that they are seeking out someone others don't know about and trying to "MAKE" them a star?
 
America's Got Talent really disappointed me this year.  Don't get me wrong.  I think the acts this season were fantastic!  The top acts were so good, it was hard to choose who to root for.  I think the judges did an excellent job of choosing and critiquing.  What I am disappointed with is that the acts in the finals were NOT unknowns.  Have you googled them?  I did.  In no particular order, let me share what I found out.
 
Joe Castillo was the man who did the gorgeous sand art.  When I googled him, I found he had done performances for all CBS, NBC, BBC, TED, over thirty Fortune Five Hundred companies, kings, presidents and dignitaries and he had done it in more than 18 countries around the world!  I'm thinking that means he isn't an unknown that came in hoping to be discovered.  He's known.
 
David Garibaldi was the cool guy who did the fast art with music.  Loved trying to guess what he was making.  He has done shows for many sports' halftime shows.  Not a newbie.  He's also done fundraisers, performed in England and Canada and toured throughout Canada with the Blue Man Group. 
 
Tom Cotter and his wife are both comics.  He actually had a show called Two Funny that was on Women's Entertainment Network.  He has also traveled overseas with his act. 
 
Olate Dogs were the winning act, a dog act.  They've been on Today Show, Regis and Kelly, 60 Minutes and a few others.  They have also traveled throughout North and South America doing theater shows, circuses and stage performances. 
 
Now William Close is a very unique musician and his Earth Harp is just flat out cool.  But...the Earth Harp has a permanent installation at Cirque du Soleil’s show “Ka” at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.  Yes.  Seriously.  Already IN Vegas.

The Untouchables are the adorable kids in the fantastic dance group. They are perhaps the only non-professional even though they are very, very good.  I know some have performed in other places because I recognized the one little couple, but if I remember right, they were one of the little kid dance couples on Dancing with the Stars.  I may be wrong.  They could possibly have a real show already too, but nothing I could fine.  I'm sure they will continue to develop and succeed.  They came out of the same studio as last years' Miami All Stars which does show that they have superb training.

And Sharon isn't returning.  I couldn't figure a reason why so I started researching.  If she chose not to return because of the reason I found, I don't blame her one bit.  She's a mother.  What I read was that the network wouldn't hire her son Jack because of his MS.  That's just wrong. 

~~~~~

You wonder why I've not been here.  One reason is because I've had some big, big days.
 
We started out the day with one baby, added another and then added another.  Having all three babies at once was F U N, but it definitely wore me out!!  They do play good together.  Now that little CJ is movin' and shakin' it's even more fun to watch them.
 
~~~~~
 
I want to tell you about a food pantry that my friend's church does.  It's always on the third Saturday of the month.  They have what's called a choice pantry.  You don't just take what they give you, you pick and choose.  That way people don't end up with things their family won't eat. 
 
If you know anyone in the area who is in need, for whatever reason, send them.  I'll try to remember to remind people and have an address at that time.  We took one person this month and ended up taking home things to deliver to some others.  Very good thing for folks who run out before the end of the month.
 
~~~~~
 
Saturday we went up to North Olmsted and took pictures of Kennedy in her homecoming dress.  We actually got some shots of her and her best friend, Alexis.  Cute girls.  It's hard to believe that she's old enough for fancy dances!
 
 
~~~~~
 
It took the entire weekend for the pool to empty.  But now it's empty, dried and boxed for winter storage.  I'm going to miss being able to just hop in and swim. 
 
I'm working on my elves again.  I need to get them and the scarves listed on whatever.  I'm debating between craigslist, ebay and etsy.  Time to make some cash. 
 
I'd like to get going with the angels too.  Once I see how to promote things properly, I think I'll have a little extra incentive to keep clicken
 
~~~~~
 
Emmi and I put up the fall decorations.  She had fun doing that.  I love having it out.  I'll have to get some pictures one day soon.
 
~~~~~
 
We've check two local orchards now and the story is the same.  The weather this year has affected them terribly.  The first orchard said they lost 80% of their crop.  The one we went to today said they lost 60%  I did get a few apples, but they are very small and there just aren't many.  I got enough to enjoy a dump cake.
 
~~~~~
 
Today's dinner was vegetable soup.  I actually made it yesterday.  I used a piece of meat called "boiling beef."  I'd tell you what I put in it, but I'm too tired to think at all.  Ask me tomorrow.
 
Hugs and much love,
~~Mama Sage
 

1 comment:

  1. Great article! I agree with you, there’re so many great acts this season it was hard to choose one over the other. I honestly thought William Close had the win the whole season. I record this show and other primetime shows using the PrimeTime Anytime feature. Since I’m not home when my favorite shows come out I still have the chance to watch them. Now I have the option to watch my entire primetime recordings commercial free using the Auto Hop feature to skip them. It’s only available to use the day after the primetime shows air, but since I watch my shows a day after, this works perfect. One of my coworkers at DISH showed me how Auto Hop works and how it gives me the option to watch commercials or not. I won’t have to change the batteries in my remote as often with this new feature.

    ReplyDelete