Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Please, Lord, not that!

Please tell me it's not.  When it first started, I thought maybe I got bit by a spider.  But it's not a spider bite.  Or any other bug bite.  I'm 99% sure it's not.  And now, it's bigger and itchier and redder.  And there's another little red place.  Please don't let that spread out too.  Please, God, don't let it be shingles! 
 
I remember when my father-in-law had them and how horribly miserable he was.  And no one could be around him for a long time.  And Missy had them too.  Internal.  And it was horrid.  I just don't need this right now.  But nothing is cutting it.  Nothing.  If it doesn't ease up in the next day or so, I'll have to call the doctor I suppose.  Oh man.
 
~~~~~
 
And on a lighter note.  Today was the last day to sleep in for a while.  And I couldn't.  I was awakened with a headache.  And I was itching.  And it hurts.  Nothing I tried helped.  So I just got up.  Sort of.  Cliff had come home and laid down a while and I didn't want to disturb him so I tried hard to stay as still as possible.  It's times like this I love having a smart phone.  I could read my mail, play a couple games, check in on facebook, read a book...  And I did.  :-)  All of the above. 
 
~~~~~
 
By the time I got downstairs, I was starved.  I was so glad to have leftovers of the breakfast tacos from the other day.  It sure tasted good!!  The egg and sausage mixture, a little cheese, a little salsa, a little sour cream.  Mmmm
 
~~~~~
 
Greeting cards.  Next time you're at the stores that have inexpensive cards, turn them over and check something.  I noticed something the other day I want to pass on.  The little copyright sign followed by AGC.  That's the American Greetings Card Company.  Yep.  Same people that sell $5 and $6 cards sell the inexpensive ones.  Hmmm.  And I think they're very nice. 
 
~~~~~
 
I got all the Tricare paperwork into a big notebook now.  Four dividers.  Two for Cliff and two for me.  One marked EOB (explanation of benefits) and one marked referrals.  We ended up getting socked with some charges we shouldn't have.  And at the same time, we discovered that the doctors that were supposed to be asking for referrals and getting referrals extended weren't always doing it.  Guess what!  That means WE owe what's called "point of service" fees.  Or another way of putting it, the bill is now ours!  Superb.  Just what we needed to hear!
 
One outfit in particular seems to be playing games.  They were to ask for the extension on the referral and held off until three days AFTER they charged the bill!  That means they don't just get what the insurance company agreement is, they get the full amount billed.  FROM US!  And we all know how absolutely unreasonable that can be!
 
We'll continue making calls and challenging it and see what happens.  Right now, it doesn't look good.
 
~~~~~
 
I got a bug up my butt to make cookies today.  I got out my recipe from a dear friend of ours in Oklahoma.  Shirley's Chocolate Chip Cookies rock.  And it makes a ton!  I'd post the recipe, but I'm on the wrong computer.  Not on this one.  Remind me tomorrow and I'll post it then.  I hid over 5 dozen, people ate probably two dozen and there are still about three dozen in the cookie jar.  I'm thinking I'll probably do it again and instead of chocolate chips, add pecans.  And a double recipe of oatmeal raisin sounds good too.  I'll hide them away and have them for something special later.  They all store well.
 
While the cookies were baking and Cliff was watching baseball, I stayed in the kitchen and busied myself.  I decided to make our lunch.  Something made me think of pierogies.  I carmelized some onions, added in some sliced Polish sausage I'd picked up at the meat market the other day, and boiled the pierogies.  Once they were cooked, I stirred them into the sausage and onions.  Kennedy came down to see what was up and was so excited!  Funny.  The cookies didn't excite her but the pierogies did! 
 
~~~~~
 
I continued the file a while thing today.  That shredding bag, the second one, is nearly as full as the first!  I think we all keep too much junk in the files.  I just wish I could get to the files in the attic.  I have them buried behind piles and piles of craft things.  One day it will happen.  And once the diningroom files are purged, I have files up here needing handled.  My problem with all this cleaning files is that our shredder broke.  I wonder if they're going to do a community shred anywhere close any time soon.
 
~~~~~
 
Kennedy's last day of holiday break ended up being fun.  Aunt Missy and Melanie came by and they all went to the mall.  She picked out a bunch of cute stuff for her hair and got some new nail polish.  I love how she did her nails. 
 
 
Those are little fishies if you can't tell.  I don't have good nails.  I've always envied people who can doll up their hands.  I used to try but it always turned out looking like blucky blobs.
 
~~~~~
 
After Missy brought Kennedy back home, she packed up all her things to go back to North Olmsted.  Not before I fixed one of her hair do-dads.  Just took a little dribble of Sobo glue to put the feather back on the flower.  Cliff had already gone to bed, so I ended up taking her myself.  What a trip!!  Ran into blinding rain on the way up and then again on the way home.  I do love rain but I don't like driving in it.  I'm always afraid I'll hydroplane.  The one time I remember vividly doing that, I was doing a left exit off the highway and nearly went over the edge and down on traffic below.  Scared me to death. 
 
~~~~~
 
When I got back, I did the dishes.  Well what wasn't done.  I'd done most of it while I cooked.  My gramma taught me that.  To save time on kitchen clean up, clean as you go.  There's on excuse for a messy kitchen.
 
~~~~~
 
There was nothing on TV this evening and I had a headache.  I packed Cliff's lunch, dusted and did little pick up jobs until it was time to wake Cliff up.  Then I took my purse and empty water bottles and brought them upstairs. 
 
Into the shower.  Maybe the shower would help my chest.  Nope.  Still itches like mad.  I don't know what else to try!
 
~~~~~
 
My bad girl eats today weren't too bad.  Some of the tapioca and some fresh strawberries and then pretzels and cheese.  I washed those down with milk.  The nutritionist told me that drinking 2 cups of milk a day was very important in weight loss.  Something about the results of a new study.  Whatever.  Milk and ovaltine always hits the spot with me. 
 
~~~~~
 
And I'm itching bad and my back has this creepy crawlie feeling.  Think I'm going to get off here and head into bed to try and relax.
 
~~~~~
 
We need to find the courage to say NO
to the things and people that are not serving us
if we want to rediscover ourselves
and live our lives with authenticity.
~~Barbara De Angelis

~~~~~
 
Love and hugs,
~~Mama Sage
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment