Email notification...

Google Groups
Subscribe to mama's blog readers
Email:
Visit this group

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Good morning, Sunshine!!

Up and ready to start the day.  Thanks, Emmi! 
I love how she comes flying up the stairs and through the bedroom door for me when she gets here.  Many times if I hear her coming, I'll play possum so she can "wake me."  If I've already gone downstairs, she seems so disappointed! 
When we went downstairs together, she wanted cereal.  I got us each a bowl of cereal and we sat down to eat it.  Blueberry.  We both love our blueberries.

When we were done eating, we talked a lot about the Rapunzel set Emmi needs to earn by pottying in the potty.  I'm still trying to get her "in the mood."  She's just such a busy little girl, she doesn't have any interest right now.  I guess when she's ready, she'll go.  We really thought the potty charts at home and here would work since she picked out her own prize to work for.  Nope.  She just doesn't care right now.  One day she'll surprise us.  It'll happen.

Cliff brought in a tote of clothes for me to go through that Missy had brought over.  Melanie is about a size behind Emmi so we pass around the pass downs.  It's great having them so close in age.  They can share all kinds of things.

When I was done with that, we were off to the bank and then to meet Missy.  She needed us to watch Melanie a little while.  Having both girls is so entertaining!  We picked us all up some lunch and then headed off with them in tow to pick up some things Rusty needed us to transport home in the van.  Once we had them loaded, we headed to the R store. 

I'm not doing a lot of shopping really.  Just what I really need mostly.  I was able to pick up pancake mix (the kids ran me out that last week of summer), some marked down tomato sauce (always need that), chow mein noodles for nutty, noodly clusters, a big ol chunk of ham for slicing thin for lunches for Cliff (probably share that with the kids too---10# for $10), couple boxes of cereal, and some Pepperidge Farm heavy breads.  Good and grainy.  Love those.

From there, we dropped of the things at Rusty's house that we'd picked up for him.  And set off the alarm!  Oh boy.  He called and asked if we were there and told us to expect the police.  The security company had called them.  It's good to know they react so quickly.  And...he warned us NOT to be in the house or they would be meeting us guns drawn.  Okie dokie!  Not a problem.  Outside.  Okay.  They would want to see our identification and the key that we have. 

Then off to drop off bags of purged items to charity.  That was just a very quick stop.  From there we stopped by our house to pick up a fax that had come in and let the dog out.  She was so happy to see us!

The girls were taking turns napping.  When one woke up the other fell asleep.  It was getting close to time for us to meet Missy and drop off Melanie so we headed that way.  Until she got done, we sat outside with the girls.  We let them loose in the van (back seats were down so it was roomy and fun for them) and they had a ball.  Soon they got quiet.  I peeked around to see what they were doing.  They were leaned against the back door and had their legs covered with Emmi's blankie.  They had one of the toy horses too.  "Whatcha doin girlies?"  They answered in unison, "Sharing."  I love my grandchildren.

We found gas a little cheaper where we were than it was at home so we took advantage and got gas.  Sheetz gives you 3 cents off when you use their card which is an added bonus.

Our last stop was to take Emmi back home.  Did my heart good when she stuck her head out the door and hollered, "I love you!!!" at the van.  Awe.  I love you too, Miss Em.

~~~~~

Truth be told, there's nothing better than being a grandparent.
All our elders know this
and it is evidenced by that twinkle in their eyes.
Of course, they know more than they let on—
life's secrets have come to them through time, experience,
and patience.
~~author unknown


~~~~~

When we got back home, I did some online work for Corry.  He came by when I was about done and needed to send a fax.  Once that was done, I put away the groceries and got out all the chubs of meats and cheeses I had collected (frozen) that I plan to slice up this weekend for lunches.  I hate getting out a piece of equipment like that for just a little bit.  Give me a ton to do and I'll feel it's totally worth while. 

Settled down to eat my supper of leftover stir fry then cleaned up my email.  I always have a pile of spam to sort through.  I could add the addresses of some of them to my address book, but I'd rather not clutter it with those things. 

I did a little bit of putting things away.  No matter how much I try to keep up with things, there are always piles somewhere needing to be dealt with. 

And now I'm upstairs.  I gave the dog a bath and am waiting for her to dry a little before heading into the bedroom.  Oh I'm tired enough to start relaxing.  It's been a long day.  But this dog is W E T !  And I don't want her drying on the bed.  lol  Oh the smell of a wet dog --- clean OR dirty.  Ewww

You're caught up with my day now.  I hope I didn't bore you so much I scare you away.  :-)

Love and hugs,

~~Mama Sage

3 comments:

  1. Is this in paragraphs to you?? First time I opened it, it was. Now it's not. What the heck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed -- it's in paragraphs and it's wonderful. Wishing you a Happy Thursday and sending Hugs from Southern California. ~barb k~

    ReplyDelete